wiring valves/solenoids for easystreet air?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wiring valves/solenoids for easystreet air??
Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:44 PM
ive started running all my air stuff, but when it comes to wiring the vlaces/solenoids, theres 2 black wires with writing on them. so which is the ground?? i looked around the solenoid, and nothing tells you which is which. does it matter?

kinda confused

on another note, also, how did you guys get all 4 of the valve extensions tightened? it tells you to install the outer 2, but how the hell do you turn that whole assemply to tighten? theres no room!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO

Re: wiring valves/solenoids for easystreet air??
Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:55 PM
also, did you guys use the threadlock stuff they give you, or some thread sealer tape(the white tape)? or something else??

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:13 PM
I used all teflon on all my stuff, and to get the 2 inside solenoids on i took that top pin out off the solenoid. Also both black just use all left wires as "Power" and all right wires ground. Thas all.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:05 PM
Teflon tape is your friend Joe. As for the wires I think we did the same thing Orange Syn said.

-Brandon

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:57 AM
it doesnt matter on those valves, you can use any wire you want. also that thread sealer they give you is crap. you can put it on but then wrap the fitting like 5 times w/ teflon tape

Friday, April 14, 2006 4:33 AM
cool, thanks guys. i used that stuff they provided for one, and i took it apart, and it just seemed like there was nothing sealing it.

i should be hitting switches by tomorrow(hopefully). thanks for the help. im sure ill be asking a few more questions soon, lol.

thanks again guys!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 14, 2006 10:44 AM
allready almost done crazy. I still have alot to do.

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:51 PM
I was done in one night

-Brandon

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:51 PM
ya, i spent about 3 hours working on it, and im prolly gonna spend all night til im done tonight finishing up hopefully. just went and got a few rolls of teflon tape. the hardest damn part is puting the valves together, man it sucks tightening each section, lol

ill have some pics up soon!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 14, 2006 2:53 PM
oh ya, 1 more question, did you guys take all the grounds, and ground them to the same spot?? if so, did you enlarge the wiring where they all met??and if so, what size??

thx

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 14, 2006 2:59 PM
what i did was ground each corner together, take the fill and dump valve from each corner and grounded it together

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:02 PM
so you basically had 4 different grounds for the valves?

that dosent seem too tough. finding good spots for the grounds will be the only challenge

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 14, 2006 3:03 PM
Shoot I only used maybe 1/2 a roll of tape. Yeah the valves do suck... My arm was cramping like a mofo

-Brandon

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:16 PM
Eazy Ent. ( 716 ) wrote:so you basically had 4 different grounds for the valves?

that dosent seem too tough. finding good spots for the grounds will be the only challenge

yup, actually it was easy. once you pop your trunk, remove that plastic piece around the latch where the carpet comes up at, and you can ground all along there, thats where all my grounds are

Friday, April 14, 2006 4:56 PM
ok, im trying to screw in all the valve assemblys to the tank, but its seeming to be impossible. even when i take off the black solenoid, the solenoid post still hits. its pissing me off.

would i be able to install a valve assembly on each end(where the compressor and end cap would be) and put the compressor and plug in the center 2 holes?? i dont really plan on showing off the valves anyways

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Friday, April 14, 2006 9:00 PM
disregard that last question... i got em all setup

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Saturday, April 15, 2006 11:45 AM
Like i said above take that pin out that the black box sits on then you will have no probs.

Eazy-Where did you run your main power wire for the compressor and switch box?
Like what did you tap into?
Thanx
Jon

Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:09 PM
im running it right from the battery, then a distribution block to have an out for the compressor, and one for the system

on another note., did anyone ever come up with missing pieces?? im missing the whole lower section of both rear struts thats bolts in the bottoms, to mount to the rear suspension(dont know the name, lol).

this sucks cuz i cant move any further without these pieces, and they are supposed to be supplied. kinda pissed right now!!!

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Saturday, April 15, 2006 9:38 PM
told you guys you'd be done way before me. u should have ran thru all your parts easy the instructions said you basically had 5 days after you got the kit to contact easystreet if anything was missing. i kinda looked thru my stuff to make sure the important things were there. but ive allready had to order extra hose since my tank location isnt set yet and i cut my wires with a few extra feet on each one. sounds like the soleniods are going to fun to wrench up. i'll probably take care of those some time this week if i have time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:20 AM
I was missing a guage and thats it, i emailed Jason and he got one shipped out right away.

Sunday, April 16, 2006 8:44 AM
ya, i prolly should a checked my stuff, but at that point when i looked in the boxes, i seen a million parts, and unfortunately assumed it was all there. to be honest, i had no clue there were even that many parts, lol.

but ya, i got the kit 2 days after i moved into my new house, so that was kinda my last priority.

RIP Saint ........ JBO

Sunday, April 16, 2006 9:57 AM
Joe are you talking about thesel; if so I think they are called heim joints??? You could probably get them from a hardware store.

-Brandon

Sunday, April 16, 2006 10:00 AM
Sunday, April 16, 2006 12:23 PM
yup, those are what i need

RIP Saint ........ JBO
Sunday, April 16, 2006 2:54 PM
Yea im with you on the "So many parts" i never thought there were so many either...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search