Eibach Pro-Streets? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eibach Pro-Streets?
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:49 PM
I am thinking about buying some parts for my 2000 LS 2.2l cavalier, and i was wondering how these shocks are. If anybody has them, do you like 'em? i had a little accident going down a mountain and taking a 35mph "S" turn at 90mph and losing it. So now i am trying to build up the suspension and handling of my car. If you have any thoughts as to suspension parts let me know. Thanks

Re: Eibach Pro-Streets?
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:59 PM
ProStreets are a full coilover set from RK Sport. ProKit is a spring set from Eibach. It's a very good set, I would highly recommend Struts meant for lowering (Not stock, not gr2s, not HPs). Read the FAQ for some more info.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:00 PM
Eibach makes a Prokit, not Prostreets. Going 90 in a 35 S turn in any car minus a formula 1 car will still cause some sort of problems. I have the Prokit with the KYB AGX's, with the Eibach Anti-Roll kit, and she handles great, but no Indy car. Granted i dont try extreme turning, but the car has yet to loose traction in a turn.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:07 PM
Suspension only takes you so far. Your All-Season tires are not quite the same as Indy tires. (Not trying to knock you or anything, just keeping it all in perspective).

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:22 PM
C.T.S wrote:Suspension only takes you so far. Your All-Season tires are not quite the same as Indy tires. (Not trying to knock you or anything, just keeping it all in perspective).

I have Indy tires on my car.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:33 AM
thanks for the info. yea it was a stupid thing to do on stock steel wheels and all season tires, but at that time i had no idea what the car could or couldnt do... now i know lol. i am looking at buying a set of rims n tires and probably the pro-kit springs and anti sway bar kit, but i still am unsure of what shoks will work well with those springs.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:19 AM
KYB AGX
Tokico D Spec Struts

Probably your best choices.

If you go lower then get Koni

Read this too

Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:17 PM
KYB AGXs work excelently with ProKit springs.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:21 PM
awesome, thanks for the tips. i am saving money up now to buy everything all at once so it will be about a month till i get them.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 9:51 PM
if you havnt bought them yet, im trying to buy a car with the pro kit springs on it, they have like 6K miles on them, you can even have them spring strut and shock, let me know if you want them. I wont have any need for the suspension that is on the car. pm me if you are interested.

Friday, April 14, 2006 9:38 AM
Yea that would be cool. let me know how much you would get rid of them for. thanks

Friday, April 14, 2006 11:30 AM
If you get them don't use stock struts.

Friday, April 14, 2006 12:21 PM
why not stock struts i mean the worst that can happen it goes bad then you can get new struts right or am i missing something?
Friday, April 14, 2006 12:51 PM
It doesnt matter much to me, cause i am probly going to buy the KYB AGX's in a lil anyway so for now they will work. anything is better then running stock shocks and springs .
Friday, April 14, 2006 1:28 PM
Would you like to get in an accident?

DON'T USE STOCK STRUTS WHEN LOWERING! IT'S A SIMPLE CONCEPT! STOP BEING CHEAP AND DO IT CORRECTLY

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:17 PM
mike gless wrote:why not stock struts i mean the worst that can happen it goes bad then you can get new struts right or am i missing something?
When your stock shocks blow, you could loose control of your car, get into an accident and die, or worse hurt or kill someone else.

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:29 PM
I will let you know when i get them what are they going for now a days?

Friday, April 14, 2006 7:29 PM
KYB AGX's are real nice I'd go with those!
Saturday, April 15, 2006 6:47 PM
yea everybody seems to have good reviews for the AGX"S so im gonna go with those. I think i am going to also get the eibach anti-sway bar kit not only because it is a good kit but because my cavalier doesnt even have a front sway bar on, which i didnt find out until last year when i took it to get inspected and the mechanics saw it was "missing".they contacted chevy and chevy told the mechanic that they didnt put one on cause they didnt think it needed it.
Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:10 AM
The front sway bar only came with the models that had the suspension upgrade (which still sucks).

You should fill out your profile so we know what kind of car you have.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:45 PM
Hey C.T.S. just to let you know Eibach does make a set of coil overs named "Pro-Street". page 9 of 5.0 mustang & super fords april 2004.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:29 PM
Andy Jugan wrote:It doesnt matter much to me, cause i am probly going to buy the KYB AGX's in a lil anyway so for now they will work. anything is better then running stock shocks and springs .

why get the springs put on, pay for an alignment....then a month later do the same thing?? that seems to be a waste of money

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:32 PM
yea, it does seem like a waste. i am gonna buy them n also see if i can get a set of shocks soon. then i will get evrything on at once.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:27 PM
Jason (The Kings Jester) wrote:The front sway bar only came with the models that had the suspension upgrade (which still sucks).

You should fill out your profile so we know what kind of car you have.

yeah but the holes are there for those brave enough to put one in

just take your VIN to the dealer to get the right size bolts for the holes there were a few changes over the years. the rest is all a matter of what bar fits your needs. bigger is not always better.

good luck with your set up.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 9:07 PM
wow.....90 into a 35 mph turn....please....dont touch your car....if you dont have common sense to drive, you have no reason to be working on a car....dumba$$
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search