Suspension Techniques 1.2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suspension Techniques 1.2
Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:43 AM
I don't want my car slammed, I just don't want it to like a 4x4.

Will the Suspension Techniques 1.2" springs be alright with the stock struts & shocks?

Does anyone have pics with this setup?

Thank for the help

cya

'05 LS Sport.....I miss my Z

Re: Suspension Techniques 1.2
Saturday, April 08, 2006 8:57 AM
Yes, although we reccomend aftermarket struts of some kind. At lease GR2s or HPs.
Yes. Search the member registry. Go here, then type "techn" (without the quotes in the Modifications field, in the box next to that select Suspension. Check the box for Pictures Only, then click search.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:16 AM
Thanks for the response.

However, everytime I do a search, then look at something in the search, try to go back to search results and "this page has expired" pops up. Plus it never gives what you are looking for. I did the search exactly as you explained.
I would tell you what they can do with the search feature, but I don't think the powers that be would like that. Maybe it just has to do with my lack of computer knowledge, but that is why I thought there were forums to ask questions in, and maybe once again I am wrong.

But I do appreciate the quick response, so thank you.

cya

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:35 AM
I did a search and find this one in 3 secondes
lol

here you go man, and happy to help
link

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:46 AM
Do you know if he is using the stock shocks & struts?

Thanks again!

cya

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:06 AM
He has koni yellows.

Monday, April 10, 2006 3:57 AM
do not lower on stock struts period. if you cant afford it then wait til you can

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:44 PM
I have Spring Tech 1.2's on my stock struts with 17's with extremely wide tires 235's and the car rides or rode nice. It dosnt make it look that much different with out people in it. but when you put 2 people in the car it looks low. or if you cram 4 people or 5 people in it looks slammed. Anyways. I just wanted to warn you that your stock struts will only last you a year or maybe to depending on 1.How many people you allow in your car. and 2 if you hit pot holes and speed bumps alot. after awhile it will get bouncy to shift (if you have standard) and kinda loose/bouncy feeling around corners. That means u gotta get new struts. I'm saving some money right now to buy some koni yellows. Wish i bought them when i had them installed. woulda saved me the $100 bucks on labour installing the springs. If you want i can take some pics of my car with and w/o people in it.

I suggest Buying struts. But if you cant afford it. You can wait a year but loose money on the install.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:50 PM
I installed mine on new Gabriel Ultra struts and it doesn't bounce. These springs have a spring rate of 195/115, are linear, and should be fine with new oem replacements, but maybe asking too much out of stockers that have some miles on them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search