Car Customs (Sprint Springs) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Customs (Sprint Springs)
Monday, April 03, 2006 12:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone had used the Sprint Springs that Karo Has with Koni Yellows.? i'm asking because I have not really been satisfied with the ride height of the springs that came with my Koni's.. So iwas looking at either replacing the springs with some different ones or going back to coils..

Re: Car Customs (Sprint Springs)
Monday, April 03, 2006 12:35 PM
should be fine, they are good springs and koni is a good choice for struts

Monday, April 03, 2006 3:44 PM
I'm using Sprint springs and I couldn't be happier. They drop a bit more than the 1.8", though. Mine sat just over 2" lower after I drove around and everything settled in but I like the look. The handling is pretty nice, too. The body roll is all but gone, a set of upper braces will take care of that, and the ride is firm but tolerable. I'm running D-Specs turned about half-way up.

Monday, April 03, 2006 4:22 PM
looking at your body kit that may be to much drop. Those spring i have seen go as low as 2.25"

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, April 03, 2006 4:25 PM
Why not try sportlines. Coilovers might be a good idea with the kit on there, but your choice.

Monday, April 03, 2006 4:45 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:looking at your body kit that may be to much drop. Those spring i have seen go as low as 2.25"

I've taken measurements for a Drift kit and even taken the eventual sag into consideration, and there's going to be plenty of clearance. I can't forsee an issue but I could be wrong about that, too.

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:51 PM
Yeah thats a problem.. I would hate to go dragging the piss outa my car every time I drove it.. I may just get them and keep the Koni springs in case.. Don't know just yet.. I figured these would have settled more than they did but maybe it takes longer than I thought,,

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:28 AM
I have seen people on stock body kits with those spring and i have coil overs about as low as them on a stock body kit and i have issues with some driveways, getting on a rack, raising my car to do work. I can't imagine having to deal with that with a that kit. It may have ground clearance but you may want to think about the thing i mentioned and i have a stock body kit.

I would say at most H&R springs with your body kit

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:26 PM
Here's some pics of my car on sprints and yellow's Not sure how low your rear bumper is but I scrape mine some time's

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:29 PM
I think his front bumper is lower than yours

all the time

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:41 PM
i tell you now its gonna be low. i had the drift kit w/ coils and koni reds. with the coils raised all the way up, it was still low. heres a pic of it w/ the coils all the way up

thats raised all the way

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:33 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:I think his front bumper is lower than yours

If thats true. I wouldnt suggest sprints

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:04 AM
EcotecPower.. I have had my car on a rack here just recently to check about getting my exhaust redone.. and it cleared with abot 1/4 to 3/8 inch to spare... Have you had any issues getting yours on a drive up rack with the sprints and yellows? And what size tires and wheels are you running cause I running 19's right now.. and btw your car is very clean I like it alot..

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 2:17 AM
try goldlines, mine havent sagged much at all over a year 1.8" drop

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:22 AM
^^^ You kit is not as low as this one.
Here is a drift kit on stock suspension, that i think is a little lower than his kit.

all the time

Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:54 AM
I'll have to check out the gold lines as well .. thanks for the Input guys its much appreciated..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search