anything else needed? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anything else needed?
Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:08 AM
i've got my kyb agx's here, my tein springs. i've called about getting them installed, and one response was:

Quote:

I was thinking if at all possible you should get the front strut bearing plates because the might go after the install but you never know

anyone ever heard of doing this while getting the swap done? also, if they might go AFTER, why not just buy then?

i've read the FAQ's, and saying this guys a honda guy, i figured i'd ask those who understand our cars!

Re: anything else needed?
Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:12 AM
what he is talkign about is your upper mounts. if your mounts are 3+ years old i would get new ones. If you have teh cash i woudl replace them no matter what.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:18 AM
awww, thanks!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:32 AM
Yeah, I just did my Sprint springs over the weekend and when I was pulling everything apart the bearing pack split open and tossed bearings everywhere. That's the second time that's ahppened to me. I'd say go ahead and replace them, or atleast have the cash to do it just in case. Otherwise you might end up like me, spending an hour picking all the bearings up off the floor to clean and repack them when you could have just said f*ck it and put in new ones.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search