quick lowering question.... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick lowering question....
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:47 PM
do i need to buy new struts AND SHOCKS and lowering springs when i drop my car or can i just buy new struts and springs???

Re: quick lowering question....
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:50 PM
You have struts up front and shocks in the rear. You should replace all 4 (2 shocks and 2 struts).

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:57 PM
oh alright thanks.
Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:57 PM
3rd Gen (95-05) have struts all around.
1st and 2nd Gen (82-94) have struts up front and shocks out back.

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:59 AM
alright so C.T.S, do i need just all new struts and springs because the tokico d-specs says it comes with struts and shocks and springs for my 05 cavalier.
Monday, March 27, 2006 5:32 AM
unless your getting a package deal, then the d-specs are just struts. if you buy d-specs it will come w/ all 4 struts and be a direct bolt on. all you would need after that is a set of springs or coils and new strut mounts if yours are bad.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:22 AM
ok yea cuz at performance.thepartsbin.com i could get all four struts and springs and alignment kit for liek 700 but i was just checking rksport again and are their kyb struts any good with eibach sportlines. i know sportlines are notorious on this site.
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:27 AM
I wouldnt put sportlines on KYB. If your going sportlines you should look at KONI or other models of struts that can handle that drop.
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:55 AM
if your going to go with the sportlines i would get either koni's or d-specs
Monday, March 27, 2006 8:09 AM
please save yourself some time and read the faqs. it will help you in the long run. if you dont know what struts to go w/, look at the faqs and it list everything you need to know on how to match struts up w/ the right springs/coils

Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:07 PM
Hey there, I got some Bomz coil Overs, and I'm having a problem installing the fronts. Does anyone know if you need to disassemble the strut mount bearings, or?

Any help is appreciated

Mark

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search