Help with new Swaybar and CA bushings! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with new Swaybar and CA bushings!
Monday, March 06, 2006 4:49 PM
Figured I'd finish off my suspension mods by adding an Eibach Front Swaybar, and Prothane Control Arm bushings. I've got the old bar out, and the new one in place, and cant seem to get the brackets to line up very well with the holes for the bolts. I can get the right side in, but the bracket wont tighten all the way to the subframe, while the left side wont go in, as in order to put the bracket into the hole, the bar needs to move forward, and it hits a bolt on the rack. If the bracket was in the hole, and lined up, I'd want to say it would clear. Also, The rear of the control arm won't move very much, and wont allow the control arm to come off the subframe. Is there a certain way to remove the control arm? To make matters worse, the bottom half of the end links for the swaybar wont come out. One last thing, does anyone have a picture(s) of the swaybar installed at the control arm section? I'd want to think the bar is in the right way, but a photo would help confirm that. Thanks!

Re: Help with new Swaybar and CA bushings!
Monday, March 06, 2006 5:32 PM
control arm , you pull the front out first then the rear , spray lube will help out some

and the D brackets , i just pushed them back into the frame , then used a pry to kinda push them down so i could get them bolt started , then used my air ratchet to run the bolt down the rest of the way

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:53 PM
When I did my sway bar I had to take the longer rack bolt out, and cut it down. Once I did that all my problems with the brackets went away. I had the exact same problems you have.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:01 PM
I loosened the bolt on the rack, and managed to get the swaybar in, then tightened down the bolt. Finally got her all back together, but I've got all kinds of noises, but i think its just related to all of the new parts (struts, springs etc). I'm gonna have the clutch and flywheel replaced today, and the shop's gonna do the control arm bushings, the whole thing (with a slave cylinder and input shaft seal) is about $275, a guy my dad works got me a deal at a local shop, which i cant argue with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search