Monroe Quick Strut - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Monroe Quick Strut
Sunday, March 05, 2006 5:53 PM
I have a 2002 pontiac sunfire sedan. It has aprox 50, 000 miles on it. The ride is getting kind of sloppy so I am starting to think about new springs/struts. I did alot of research here and I cant seem to find anything about making your J-body ride nicely at stock ride height. I looked around and came across the monroe quick strut. It's a pre-assembled ready to go strut, spring, and mounting kit ready to go. All you do is unbolt your old suspension, drop it out, and throw in the monroe quic strut then torque everything down. seems like and easy way to do things!
Anyways, my question is does anyone have any experince with them? If so are they really worth the extra money? I am looking for a nice stiff ride at normal height. Am I better off just buying a nice set of struts and replacing those, or do you think I should just replace the spring and all?
thanks for all the help... here is a link to the monroe quic strut.

http://www.monroe.com/products/mp_detail.asp?cat=0&detail=Quick+Strut

Have Fun!

Re: Monroe Quick Strut
Monday, March 06, 2006 7:14 AM
If your strut mounts, springs, and other bits are still good, why replace them? for a stiffer than stock ride while still retaining stock height, look into some nice aftermarket struts like the KYB AGX's, Koni, or tokico, just to name a few. All of them are adjustable so you can dial in a ride on all four corners while still riding at stock height.

If you ever wanted to lower the car but dont want to go through buying new springs and struts in the future, look into a coil-over set-up like the tein basics, or any other tein product. you can also get coil-overs from gravana tuning or find some of the RK sport coil-overs. This way you can replace things one, keep it at stock height if you wish, or play around with it if you like.

Read the Sticky post at the top for more info. There are alot more suspension companys out there than what i mentioned, there is a good sized market for this type of mod.
Monday, March 06, 2006 9:15 AM
I put Monroe on one of my cars a while back. I don't have any serious complaints other than GR2s can be found cheaper online, and are better quality all round IMHO.

I agree with Nick. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:33 PM
so what did you do, get the monroes?????

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search