Q's - my car's suspension setup Eibach n KYB - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Q's - my car's suspension setup Eibach n KYB
Friday, March 03, 2006 12:35 PM
This car I bought, a '97, has Eibach Sportlines and KYB AGX. I remember when I first started coming to the 'Org, everyone was all against this setup. Now, I know the KYBs are only warrantied for 1.5", and everyone says this setup will blow out those struts, but I had my friend take it all apart to check out the struts to see if they're blown, and they're fine. Plenty of rebound, compression is tight, just like new. The car's been on this setup for about a year and a half from what I understand (I've only had the car for a couple weeks). Now, honestly, since the warranty is voided anyway, what's the harm in leaving this spring/strut combo as it is? It handles great, rides decent, looks awesome, and everyhting works.

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Re: Q's - my car's suspension setup Eibach n KYB
Friday, March 03, 2006 12:46 PM
the agx will probably handle it but they are only warrentied up to a 1.5" drop. they may blow they may not but thats just like any other strut. It should be fine but if it does blow then you cant get a replacement.

Friday, March 03, 2006 12:50 PM
I was thinking I'd just check them every few months or something, and if one blows I'd just go Tokiko since the Konis are jsut inserts for the stock struts. I jsut wanted t omake sure I wasn't getting myself into a risky situation. I already wrecked one Cavy, I don't need to wreck another one.

Friday, March 03, 2006 9:12 PM
If you were just getting this setup, you know we'd yell that it's not a good idea.
But you seem to know what you're getting in to.

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:24 PM
I've been toying with this idea too. Not to thread jack, but if you put a lot weight into the backseat and trunk, could that blow the AGX's with the Sportlines Springs?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:40 AM
C.T.S wrote:If you were just getting this setup, you know we'd yell that it's not a good idea.
But you seem to know what you're getting in to.

Yeah. I'd yell at me too. The kid was really honest about what the car has and what it doesn't, and it all seems okay, so I figured if it lasted as long as it has it would be okay for now. But atleast he didn't drop on stock struts. Then I'd be worried. And maybe a little pissed off.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:24 AM
Chris Mackinlay wrote:I've been toying with this idea too. Not to thread jack, but if you put a lot weight into the backseat and trunk, could that blow the AGX's with the Sportlines Springs?

honestly these are things i dont understand. why spend the money on struts only to buy struts that are going to be covered w/ the springs you are using?

Saturday, March 04, 2006 7:38 AM
No kidding. I'm with Bagged on this one, don't do it. This car wasn't worked on by me. If it was it never would have been dropped with this combo. I'm leaving it as is because, although the AGXs are mostly capable of handling this drop, they're not actually designed for it. It loks and handles sweet but there's no warranty if something goes wrong, and if I'm in an accident because they blow, it's possible the insurance company might not cover me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search