Bushing Advice - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bushing Advice
Monday, February 27, 2006 7:10 PM
Hey guys,

I need your help. I just purchased Tokico D-spec struts and the zenn lowering springs from the group purchase. Now I have some friends telling me I should replace the stock bushings with polyurethane bushings.

I'm just wondering if you guys recommend it, and if so, what do you use and where could I get it? I was thinking about these from Jason at A-plus:

http://www.aplusperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_248&products_id=2173&osCsid=65001f9a8b7b045658838f89993f74e2

Would this be all I need? Or do I need a kit with rear bushings as well? Also, struts mounts....do I need to replace these mounts as well? I figure if I do the suspension once, I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Also, do the tokico d-specs have a break in period? All the manual says is that I have to turn the adjusted 5 full turns from full hard the first time they are installed?

Thanks

Ps. Jason was great to deal with, shipped to Canada no problem in case some other fellow Canadians are wondering...

Re: Bushing Advice
Monday, February 27, 2006 8:47 PM
Poly bushings are not necessary at all. They do work, and help handling. So it's up to you and your pocketbook really. That kit is all you need for the front. The rear is generally unnecessary, and makes little difference.

If you're mount are worn out replace them. If not, keep them. Or if you're paranoid, replace them anyway, your buck.

Break in period: All struts have one. If they're adjustable (which D-Specs are) then turn it all the way to low. Drive like this for the first two weeks, or few hundred miles. The average American puts on ~230 miles per week, so two weeks is what most recommend. After that, play with them and find what you like.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search