suspension pic request..... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suspension pic request.....
Monday, February 27, 2006 1:14 PM
I have had a full suspension consisting of Tokiko D-Specs and Eibach Sportlines on my Cavalier for about a year know. To me, I don't think that my car sits as low as it could or as low as it should. I am trying to see some pics of what others cars look like with the same supension setup, so that I can see how low they look?

Re: suspension pic request.....
Monday, February 27, 2006 1:19 PM
struts are not going to affect the height. I am not going to search but go here and seacrch for Eibach Sportlines

http://www.j-body.org/members/search/

YOu may have better luck than waiting for someone to post

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:14 PM
hahaha, heres a pic of my z on sportlines...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Monday, February 27, 2006 2:21 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:struts are not going to affect the height.

Actually Karo and Paul's (Marchi) cars both sat high in the rear with Sportlines/D-specs versus Sportlines on any other strut.

It boggled me, the only thing it could be is perch placement.

Monday, February 27, 2006 4:15 PM
here is mine

I guess it does sit lower then it did when it was stock. I probly just look at to many pics of J's that are sitting on air. (lol) I had a buddy come by today with stock suspension and my car DOES sit a little lower then his did.

But, I am still interested in knowing what kind of adjustments other people are using on there D-Specs.

Monday, February 27, 2006 5:07 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~djdnz/mycar/

See pics DSC01003.jpg through DSC01039.jpg

Monday, February 27, 2006 8:16 PM
Dave,
Your car is a LOT lower then mine! That is how low I thought mine should be but as you can see in the pic, it is not quite that low. (Your car looks good.) Can you e-mail me and give me a breif description on the installation procedures that you used to install yours and what kind of settings that you are using on your struts? (how many turns) Maybe the people who installed mine did something dif. then what you did???

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:05 PM
I did not cut my bump stops when my suspension was installed.... Can this effect how low my car sits? Will it sit lower if I take it all off and cut the bump stops?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:31 PM
no, bump stops do not affect ride height
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:35 PM
the only thing i can see is the perch on the strut is not at the same location as stock. If the perch is in the same location as stock then it would sit higher.If you have your old strut may be you can measure the spring perch location and compare.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:56 PM
I went there and back on my suspension. I had originally started with D-specs and the Teins (s. techs I believe), but for whatever reason the back end never reached the "advertised drop". I tried everything and mesured using the same parameters and locations (still have them as well). Kept the tires the same, the car location the same, tire pressure, exterior temperature even.

After hassling with it for over amount I worked with jim at Gravana Tuing and finally got some Sportlines in. The sportlines brought down the rears, but only about 1.5" overall from where they were stock, not 2.3 like advertised. I measuered the spring perches, same mounting location from the lower bolt (right at 15" if I remember) so it was a mystery, but when I got to the bash and Karo was having the same issue I knew my car wasn't a total freak. It seems that people are slowly coming out of the woodwork though and not getting the drop that they thought they would with the D-Specs.

Oh and check the sig for a pic of the car ( I do have pics somewhere of the car ridign like a stink bug with the bad drop as well) Might be some on my cardomain as well.

Any questions, drop me a PM

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 1:58 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:struts are not going to affect the height. I am not going to search but go here and seacrch for Eibach Sportlines

http://www.j-body.org/members/search/

YOu may have better luck than waiting for someone to post

That is incorrect. I know that it will sit LOWER if your struts are blown. lol
It will ride a little higher with stiffer struts.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:25 PM
hi

DaBlackZ so wich struts are u using i think ur car looks very nice dropped like that and Marchi whats ur setup on ur sig pic? d-spec + sportline?
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:06 PM
redtaxi-thanks man, not many ppl like the car/comment on it... anyways the struts are stockers sadly, but before it comes out this year it will have ither d-specs or yellows havent decided on which ones yet...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:31 PM
D-specs and sportlines. Settings are at 4 in the front 3 in the back. Out corners most cars I come across, and isn't so harsh that it hurts me to drive 100 miles a day.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search