Tein H Tech Springs - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein H Tech Springs
Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:16 PM
I am looking into adding a new shock/strut setup with a lowering spring and was wondering if anyone here has put Tein H Tech springs on their 95-99 cavalier? I know they're a japanese company, but I checked the FAQ and there wasn't anything about them and I'm not looking to lower my car very much, I just want a slightly lower stance....that and my funds are really limited so all I can really afford is KYB GR-2 suspension with a slight lowering spring (i'm glad a read the FAQ on the kyb struts! thanks) I've found these springs for $155 shipped so please if anyone has these installed, let me know how they ride and their quality.

Re: Tein H Tech Springs
Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:22 PM
tein is a great company with great parts. the h techs are only a 1.1" drop but the gr2s are only oem replacments and should not be dropped on. i say save a little bit more money and go w/ the kybs which are adjustable and be able to fit the drop better

Re: Tein H Tech Springs
Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:23 PM
Nate Lloyd wrote:I am looking into adding a new shock/strut setup with a lowering spring and was wondering if anyone here has put Tein H Tech springs on their 95-99 cavalier? I know they're a japanese company, but I checked the FAQ and there wasn't anything about them and I'm not looking to lower my car very much, I just want a slightly lower stance....that and my funds are really limited so all I can really afford is KYB GR-2 suspension with a slight lowering spring (i'm glad a read the FAQ on the kyb struts! thanks) I've found these springs for $155 shipped so please if anyone has these installed, let me know how they ride and their quality.

The Tien H tech is a great spring. But the spring rate is higher than stock, so the GR2's may not be able to handle it. The AGX are not alot more, are adjustable, and defintely be able to handle the drop.

The is a GP going on right now for the Tien H-tech. I'd buy those, and save and wait for the AGX. They are definately worth the extra money. I have the GR2's right now, with stock springs, and am sure that they would not able to handle anything other than stock springs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search