Dont want my G.C.'s anymore - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dont want my G.C.'s anymore
Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:44 PM
Ok well first of all I'll admit I was lazy and wrong. I should have put new struts with my G.C.'s, but its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unbearable. Really, people that think you ride with coilovers with stock struts (and lower past 11/2") their in for a suprise. Cincinnati streets are full of pot holes and I have reach my bump on the head limit. I have one question. If I put my G.C.'s back to stock height would the ride be still as bad as it is now? Or do I have to put new struts on? Well thats all, Gotta bounce....Literally!

Re: Dont want my G.C.'s anymore
Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:49 PM
even if you put the height back to stock, it will still ride like shat because your struts are blown

new struts, konis

Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:52 PM
ok well if I get new struts do I need new boots and strut mounts for KYB's or Konis or will stock ones work fine. Do I need any special tools to install a strut?
Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:42 PM
KYBs will not work. You have to go with Konis or D-Specs unless you want more bumps on the head. You should have everything else you need.

Raising/Lowering the car will not effect bouniness. The springs are way stiff.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:42 PM
you'll also need to contact GC and get the proper stuff to handle koni struts with gc coilovers

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:25 PM
lol..i know how you feel, i had ground controls before and I felt the ride quality on bumpy roads and it was horrible. It rode nicely though because I drove it to school and work and the roads going there was very nice and smooth. Now i have eibach spings, definitly a better ride all over.

Friday, February 24, 2006 8:29 AM
2enthusiast4 wrote:lol..i know how you feel, i had ground controls before and I felt the ride quality on bumpy roads and it was horrible. It rode nicely though because I drove it to school and work and the roads going there was very nice and smooth. Now i have eibach spings, definitly a better ride all over.

Ground Control uses Eibach springs, the smoother ride is due to the spring rate of regular springs, as compared to the spring rate of coilovers which has to be stiffer to allow for lower ride heights.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search