A few KYB AGX Strut questions - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A few KYB AGX Strut questions
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:08 PM
Hello Suspension Experts.

I have read the FAQ a few times and just have a few questions regarding struts and mostly the KYB AGXs.

I know that the AGXs are adjustable, but I was wondering if they are adjustable on the car or would they need to be removed to adjustment?

Another question I had came up when I was pricing the struts form local suppliers. Do the Struts come in pairs or in individual units? I've gotten conflicting answers from the shops.

My third question is for Canadian and Northern US residents. How is the Eibach Pro Kit + AGXs in the winter? Where Did most Canadians get their AGXs from? I'm still trying to consider all my options and pricing options.

Thanks in Adavance

Re: A few KYB AGX Strut questions
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:24 PM
1) Can be adjusted on the car.. the fronts have an adjustment screw at the top, where the strut mount nut is... the rears have an adjustment knob on the side of the strut.

2) Either or, depending on the shop.

3) Seeing how where I'm at, there is @#!$ for snow, so far so good.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:46 PM
All struts are typically sold individuall, ask the shop for a price for all 4. If it's more than $450.00 hit up e-bay you can get them for around $450.00 or less shipped for ALL 4.

Snow shouldn't be an issue, the pro-kit is aprox and inch and a half. I've already been thru one decent snow, around 5-8 inches and didn't have a problem. I've got the H&R kit which is just a little bit lower than the Pro-kit if I remember correctly.

You won't be dissapointed.

-Chris

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 8:13 PM
Most shops sell them in pairs because you should only replace them in pairs (unless you've got a real good reason to do only one). Some price them individually to make the price appear lower (like front $150, rear $100; when in fact this would be $500 for all four). Any eBay auction will be for two (all that I've seen anyway).

The ProKit are the springs recommended by KYB. That's a good sign.

^H&Rs are technically too low for the struts, you're pushing your luck. I have B&Gs which are also too low, so I'm in the same boat.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:45 PM
Quite a few members here have Sportlines on their KYB's.... my stock struts are still holding up nicely after 7 months as well .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:55 PM
The catch is that riding on Sportlines with AGX will void the warranty.

Should the strut fail and you try to get a warranty replacement, you're up a creek...

http://kyb.com/service/warranty.php

Quote:

The warranty does not apply to shock absorbers which have been modified, improperly applied or installed, or installed on vehicles used in racing or for commercial applications. The warranty is void if the product is used on excessively lowered (over 1.5") vehicles or in an aftermarket coilover suspension system.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:42 AM
i got a set of kyb agx's off ebay for 323 plus shipping
Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:24 AM
Yeah. I know many people use AGX struts, but the point made was that voids the warranty if anything should go wrong.

Every strut has a warrantied limit. You just have to decide if you're willing to void it. And if so, would you be better of getting something else.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:53 AM
I got my KYB AGX from E-bay less around $375 and Pro-kits you can find it from practically anybody these days for about $200 up too $240 for the set just shop around for the Eibach's.

Visit all new Team JDF Website - Team JDF Promoter

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:26 AM
About the snow question, I have gotten my car out of snow where other stock cars cant.....strange, isnt it? Some kids at school couldnt get their mommy's mercades out while my little chevy got out of snow that was like 4 or 5".

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:43 PM
Tires make a bigger difference in snow than springs, unless your high-centered.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:36 PM
Nope...stock tires.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:48 PM
^Some performance tires are total crap in the snow. I have Bridgestone RE750s on my Sunny. I would never drive it in the winter because the tires would slide all over the freeking place. They came with a warning sticker "Do not drive in snow or ice".

If the people with Mercades had tires like that, then stockers would drive better in the snow.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:09 PM
Performance tires are @!#$ in rain or snow. A true performance tires is usually made for dry use only! So, with that being said, pro-kit in the snow will be fine. And the pro-kit will dress it up nicely.

I'll have a sig someday..............
Friday, February 24, 2006 7:29 AM
In canada you are looking at about $250 a strut if you get it from the store. I got mine at Canadian Tire when I worked there. Total with ball joints x 2, all 4 strutmounts new, and the 4 struts came to about $1000 tax in. That was for a 20% discount though so do the math and your looking at about $1300 plus you still need springs.

Whats up people?
Saturday, February 25, 2006 7:35 PM
I was quoted Just shy of $1000 for all four struts from a KYB authorized dealer/installer. From all the other prices I've gotten from the "tuner" shops this is probably about the cheapest I can get. Buying online from the states actually turned out to be the same, with the exchange rate, shipping and the wonderfull customs and duty fees. I also emailed KYB regarding the pairs or individuals, and they are sold as indiviuals.

How is the warranty coverage? The side was a little vauge. I know they warranty up to a 1.5inch drop, but how well does a warranty exchange work? Say, after sometime the strut wears out because the roads are road.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search