Springs? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Springs?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:51 AM
Wondering about some lowering springs.........Cm, bomz, netami, tein, zenn. Anybody have experiance with them, drop zone has a lifetime warranty so thats what im leaning toward.

Re: Springs?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:00 AM
Here are your choices from the FAQ on the top of this page.

1- Apex (1.6") - - - (decent choice)
2- B-G Sport Springs (1.6") - - - (decent choice)
3- DropZone - - - (1.7") - - -(they are cheap and on ebay for a reason and they now have changed them to mimic sportlines height wise, but they do sag)
4- Eibach Pro kit (1.4") - - - (Great Choice)
5- Eibach Sportline (1.7F - 2.3R) - - - (Great Choice)
6- Fastco (1.6") - - - (Need Info & Input)
7- GoldLine (1.75") - - - (Nice Firm Ride, Popular Choice)
8- H&R Springs (1.6F - 1.4R) - - - (Decent choice)
9- Intrax (1.7") - - - (Tend to sag to or over 2 inches)<--never sagged for me.
10- MantaPart Sport Springs (1.5" or 2.0") - - - (Need Info & Input)
11- Progress (1.7F - 1.5R) - - - (Decent Choice)
12- Spring Tech (1.8") - - - (Another Ebay mainstay)
13- Sprint (1.8") - - - (Nice Firm Ride, Popular Choice)
14- Suspension Tech (1.2") - - - (Nice Ride, Small Drop)

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:04 AM
co williams wrote:Wondering about some lowering springs.........Cm, bomz, netami, tein, zenn. Anybody have experiance with them, drop zone has a lifetime warranty so thats what im leaning toward.

jesus christ, not this @!#$ again

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:13 AM
6 posts down is a post on Drop Zone Springs. This is a heated topic. The suspensiosn Gurus will tell you not to get them like myself and from what i have seen. Those who are not suspension gurus will tell you they are fine. All i know is that the ride sucks. I can't imagine anyone saying it ride good even on stock struts. I had Eibach Prot kit and Intrax long time ago on Stock Struts and it sucked and those are quality reputable springs.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:21 AM
I know about drop zone i was more or less wondering about tein, bomz , zenn, and natami. If these posts bother you then dont post in them. Some of you people are btichey
Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:27 AM
2- B-G Sport Springs (1.6") - - - (decent choice)
4- Eibach Pro kit (1.4") - - - (Great Choice)
5- Eibach Sportline (1.7F - 2.3R) - - - (Great Choice)
8- H&R Springs (1.6F - 1.4R) - - - (Decent choice)
9- Intrax (1.7") - - - (Tend to sag to or over 2 inches)<--never sagged for me.
14- Suspension Tech (1.2") - - - (Nice Ride, Small Drop)
15. Tien (Goood Springs

These are the spring that have been top choices not only for Cavalier but other cars as well. Eibach and Tien would have to the top two followed by H&R

all the time

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:30 AM
if you know about dropzone why are you considering them? . if your looking for good springs out of those choices you put, tein is your best bet. tein is a very good company with quality parts.

from what i understood i thought bomz only made coilovers (typical ebay coils)

the reason i post in here is to try and save others from making the same mistakes that others have made. then again i can only do as much as try to inform you the best i can and in the end you'll end up doing what you want. I just try to steer people away from crap that will ruin not only your struts but other suspension componets like strut mounts, tie rods, cv joints, bearings, etc...

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:57 AM
I guess ill got with teins then
Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:25 AM
co williams wrote:Wondering about some lowering springs.........Cm, bomz, netami, tein, zenn. Anybody have experiance with them, drop zone has a lifetime warranty so thats what im leaning toward.

ComM = crap
Bomz = crap
netami = crap
dropzone = the devil
tien = good
zenn = not many people have used, but apears to be decent.

There are GP's going on for the tien and zenn springs. I'd lean towards tien over zenn, it is a good company. The other four are just ebay junk, so I would not even consider them.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:26 AM
From my personal experience I love the Eibach Sportlines, great lowering and not at all a bouncy ride.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search