DropZone - Suspension and Brake Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
DropZone
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:00 PM
hey guys whats up well i know that most of you think that dropzone springs suck thats prob because they do but whatever....any ways i want to hear from people who have them or have had them. my cavy rides like @!#$ already cause im running on comprised spring not good i know so i don't think it get worse than that.... so please give input on dropzone springs pics would be nice thanx

Re: DropZone
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:10 PM
why? Why? WHy? WHy not see if you can find decent used springs on Ebay or Something

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:05 PM
thanx all i needed but if any one has pics of there cars with dropzone spring please post thanx....C.T.S thanx
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:07 PM
Thank you Chris!!!

Grr, people really do need to search! As in, click on 'older messages' and they will see that 500 of the 500 posts are about DROPSH*TS.

Sorry, I'm just a little aggravated that people don't search more often.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:24 PM
This is the only pic i have man. Sorry, but that will give you an idea of how low the front is. With the blitz bumper I was about 3/4 of a popcan off the ground. This was with my oem struts and at first it wasn't that bad. Its getting pretty bumpy now and I know my struts are either blown or well on their way. I would honestly just spend some money on a better set up if I was you. But, if you are looking for a cheap alternative, these will last for a summer on stockers.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:35 AM
well i have the drop zone springs on stock shocks, if u want to see a pic of the car just look at my profile and i have a few in there. anyway the ride is bouncy of course but they dont sag from what i can tell and gave the car a nice stance. either way i am replacing the whole set up while i am over here in iraq with the koni sport kit. but either way for a cheap quick buy, they work and it is a ride quality u can put up with for awhile. but my advice, do it right the first time. i didnt know better when i first got them.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:10 AM
their crap, why do you need people w/ them on their car to tell you that?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:28 AM
I have many friends who are riding on drop zone springs ... they love them and have no problems with them... one thing you will learn really fast about the org is most everyone says "oh there bad they suck blah blah blah" but really they don't know because they have never tried them... they just follow what everyone else says

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:55 AM
CaviGirl (CaviEvoStyle) wrote:I have many friends who are riding on drop zone springs ... they love them and have no problems with them... one thing you will learn really fast about the org is most everyone says "oh there bad they suck blah blah blah" but really they don't know because they have never tried them... they just follow what everyone else says

so then why did you get rid of yours? why not just put the d-specs on those coils?

this is the last time i ever post about dropzone because its getting old and people are too @!#$ cheap now a days. if you wanna risk you life on 60 dollars coils, go head. i'll leave you with a little info from art

Event wrote:nothing personal to anyone, but.....it has to be you, in no manner shape way or form is a bouncing suspension good. never has been never will be unless its a competition to challenge a kangaroo or a wallaby.

drop zone is crap when it comes to our cars, their struts are rebadged gabriel VST's shipped from venezuela.

drop zone coilovers are crap. plain and simple. most people who praise em usually have never had a decent suspension besides stock to compare with.

anytime you see coilovers on ebay for 40-60$ you do get what you pay for, cheap lightweight crap, with cheap springs that are high spring rate solely for the purpose of trying to prevent sagging, but usually doesnt work. cool for showcars and all, but wears suspension fast and handling (when you hear people say bouncy, bounce, bouncing....thats your first clue its crap) is piss poor really, especially without struts to control the extremely high spring rates.

heres a slight bit of logic for anyone to think on....

a decent set of struts are close to 400$

a decent set of SLEEVE coilovers are around 350$

a decent set of springs are in the 200$ range...

do you really think coilovers from ebay, or coilovers that cost 40-60$ or so are anything of quality? simple logic. it has more parts than lowering springs do, so it should be higher, naturally...

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:05 AM
I wouldn't put them on, just because they are from ebay. I am waiting for a decent price to come by in the gp for eibach's or tein's. But if you are just looking for a cheap way to lower your car, they have springs for 99$ in the gp right now, I would get those.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2148993/1

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:34 AM
CaviGirl (CaviEvoStyle) wrote:I have many friends who are riding on drop zone springs ... they love them and have no problems with them... one thing you will learn really fast about the org is most everyone says "oh there bad they suck blah blah blah" but really they don't know because they have never tried them... they just follow what everyone else says

I might not have put them on my car. But one of my best friends did a few years back. When he put his car in the ditch, the insurance company said it was the springs and didn't pay a penny. That's a quick way to loose $10K trying to be cheap about your suspension.

Look around you. We may be repeating each other, but that'y because many of us know. We're just trying to do the responsible thing, warn other people. We're not stopping anybody. They asked, we tell. If you don't want to listen, that's fine by me.

By the way, who are your friends? Do they know how suspension works? Would they know a good ride from a bad ride if it bit them in the ass?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:43 AM
Some of us here are not repeating. If you know what a good set up is suppose ride like then you will know how bad they are.
I have seen time and time again people buy cheap then when they finally ride in a good set up then they realize how bad their ride. There are to many people who really don't know what a good set up suppose to feel like. I use to think i knew what a good ride felt like till i rode in a car with the right set up.
I was there once buys springs with no struts after doing in correctly if i buy another car i will not cheap out again and i will do the correct set up the first time.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:22 PM

that's my car on dropzone springs and stockers..

im prob gonna replace mine this year tho with at least a set of shocks but might go tein basics.

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:31 PM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]

so then why did you get rid of yours? why not just put the d-specs on those coils?

this is the last time i ever post about dropzone because its getting old and people are too @!#$ cheap now a days. if you wanna risk you life on 60 dollars coils, go head. i'll leave you with a little info from art

Event wrote:nothing personal to anyone, but.....it has to be you, in no manner shape way or form is a bouncing suspension good. never has been never will be unless its a competition to challenge a kangaroo or a wallaby.

drop zone is crap when it comes to our cars, their struts are rebadged gabriel VST's shipped from venezuela.

drop zone coilovers are crap. plain and simple. most people who praise em usually have never had a decent suspension besides stock to compare with.

anytime you see coilovers on ebay for 40-60$ you do get what you pay for, cheap lightweight crap, with cheap springs that are high spring rate solely for the purpose of trying to prevent sagging, but usually doesnt work. cool for showcars and all, but wears suspension fast and handling (when you hear people say bouncy, bounce, bouncing....thats your first clue its crap) is piss poor really, especially without struts to control the extremely high spring rates.

heres a slight bit of logic for anyone to think on....

a decent set of struts are close to 400$

a decent set of SLEEVE coilovers are around 350$

a decent set of springs are in the 200$ range...

do you really think coilovers from ebay, or coilovers that cost 40-60$ or so are anything of quality? simple logic. it has more parts than lowering springs do, so it should be higher, naturally...

I got rid of mine because the drop was too low for me to have my kit and my coilovers were already rasied up all the way... make no mistake though i did not get rid of them because the ride I got rid of them because they sat to low for my kit.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:34 AM
i am not sure about their coilovers but i have had dropzone springs in my camaro and couldn't be happier

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
5 speed,K&N Filter,Stainless Free Flow Muffler,2" Lowering Springs,17" Wheels.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:42 AM
Bryce Parent wrote:i am not sure about their coilovers but i have had dropzone springs in my camaro and couldn't be happier

Correct me if I'm wrong...I bet it's bouncy as hell.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:16 PM
hell no they are stiff really stiff it dropped my car down to about an 1.5" off the ground handles beautifully

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
5 speed,K&N Filter,Stainless Free Flow Muffler,2" Lowering Springs,17" Wheels.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:54 PM
Lay a 2x4 down and run over it slowly (4 to 6mph). You'll feel the bounce.

Friday, February 17, 2006 4:17 AM
hes probably right about them being good on his camaro. you have to figure each car handles spring rates differently. those spring rates are way too high for our car but they may be good for another car.

perfect example is skunk2. they make great suspension parts for hondas and acuras. i had them on my car w/ koni reds, the ride was good but not as good as it feels in my buddies hatch or the gsr

Friday, February 17, 2006 11:15 AM
I think Bagged is onto something there. I actually turned to the darkside recently and ordered these dropzone springs with AGX struts, to see how they would work. MY ground controls are smoked from years of abuse here in the horrible roads of Colorado. An no, Gorund COntrol will not honor their warranty. (surprise) However, I have heard mixed things about the dropzone product and my buddy's new accord with them(springs, not coil--overs) and their shocks rides like a dream. I would much rather drive with that sort of ride than blown struts with Ground Controls. The spring rate is the exact same as the sportline to the T, so the spring couldn't be that @!#$ty, or else the sportline would suck a$$ too. Think of it as the porrman's sportline. They do come with a lifetime warranty and I talked to the people that work at dropzone about that. They said that the spring is warranted for anything and everything, which is an encouraging thought to myself.

I would actually love to have some sportlines, just trying to save my money for them right now. Not everyone is cheap, just a lot of us are poor. I am a student that's engaged and lives out on his own, so to me the poor side of things is playing into it. If I had the money, I would drop it on a set of Tein SS dampers with the EDFC. However, for 280 dollars, I got both the shocks and springs for my car, leaving me enough for food, rent, and bills. Someday I would love to go to a more cohesive setup, but these should work fine for Daily Driving and mostly highway use. I will put them on over Spring Break and write up a full riview on what I think. The ride shouldn't be compromised too much by putting fresh control arm bushings on too, should it? I want a true to life full review on here to show them either way, @!#$ty or not. It's time to just set this stuff striaght, because I know a lot of people here cannot afford the 600 dollars for struts and 250 for springs.

I'll have a sig someday..............

Friday, February 17, 2006 1:14 PM
i know its right. not all cars take the same spring rate. what may be junk for our cars can be good for other cars. ive seen it plenty of times. theres plenty of companies out there that make springs and coils for all types of cars. some of them work great for both (ie. gc, tein) and some of them work great for one or the other

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:17 AM
Hey I have Drop Zone Springs and I'm very happy with the drop. Its a little bouncy on stock struts but what aftermarket springs aren't? (cept eibach pro kit) I Put a set of Koni reds just in the back and now it doesn't bounce one bit and still has an almost 2 inch drop. No complaints here
Monday, February 20, 2006 4:11 AM
Slammdcavi wrote:Hey I have Drop Zone Springs and I'm very happy with the drop. Its a little bouncy on stock struts but what aftermarket springs aren't? (cept eibach pro kit) I Put a set of Koni reds just in the back and now it doesn't bounce one bit and still has an almost 2 inch drop. No complaints here

thats because you lowered on oem struts which your not suppose to do. if you match the right struts w/ the right springs or coils then there will be no bouncing. its replies like these that piss me off the most saying that those crap springs are good. bouncing is not good. the reason the rear works right now is because you have one of the best struts back there to take the abuse of the ridiciously high spring rates that these springs have

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:25 AM
^ All true.

You can use DropZone if you want a spring rate that high. They're like Megans or Skunk2. The rate is disproportionately high for the drop. Which is why we generally tell people not to use them. The problem with DZ is they are incredibly cheap, sag over time, and are very popular with people who don't know anything about suspension (because of the price).

If you put them on Konis or D-Specs they will ride fine, more harsh than is necessary for the drop, but they wont bounce.

There are plenty of springs that will not bounce when installed correctly. I have B+Gs on AGXs in the front and Yellows in the rear; it rides awsome! Read the FAQ once.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search