just put abs module on now i need HELP please - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just put abs module on now i need HELP please
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 3:52 PM
hi i just put on a new abs module on my 96 sunfire. question is: how do i get the brake fluid through the lines to my brakes? all i get is a very fost empty brake pedal, in other words: NO BRAKES. please help i appreciate it. thanks alot

joey

Re: just put abs module on now i need HELP please
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:23 PM
Bleeder screws on the top of the abs module. A vacuum pump (rent from local place) would be the fastest.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:34 PM
thanks alot dude!!! so the how far do i open the bleeder screws and for how long? or is it just like bleeding the brakes on your calipers? just letting the fluid out till there is no bubbles??

thanks again
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:43 PM
Exact same procedure as calipers. Make sure the resevoir doesn't run out. Open valve 1/4 turn, pedal down, close valve, pedal up, repeat untill no bubbles. Should be an 11mm valve IIRC (maybe it's 10mm something like that anyway).

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:05 PM
okay i now tried bleeding the brakes with the car running and all i get is nothing. i took the bleeder screws all the way out and there is no fluid coming out anywhere to bleed. what is up with this???? thanks for the help here guys

confused and fustrated
joey
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:08 PM
Sounds like air lock to me. You may have air in the MC now too. Time to whip out the vacuum pump.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:23 PM
okay one more question here, do i hook up the vacuum pump to the bleeder valves?? and how long do i suck the @!#$ out? thanks a whole lot guys!!!
Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:43 PM
also what is the exact bleeding vacuum procedure here? i know this topic is gtting annoying but i really like th ehelp, thanks guys
Friday, February 17, 2006 8:50 PM
anyone here know the procedure for doing this?? im desperate!!

thanks a million

joey
Friday, February 17, 2006 10:26 PM
Connect the pump to a valve. Pull a vacuum, 10psi is plenty. Open the valve untill the vacuum pressure drops. Keep pumping untill you get fluid without and little air bubbles. Big bubbles are probably just a leaky line/valve (nothing wrong, just annoying).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search