what else do i need? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what else do i need?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:45 AM
okay i have tokico spec D's and goldline springs and want to put them on early spring but what else do i need so i dont have to take the old ones apart? i planned already for mounts but isnt there some rubber springs cup too that i might need? and a new top bolt?
thanks very much for the help i just want to unbolt the old ones and bolt on the new ones easy as possible and get an alignment.
thanks

Re: what else do i need?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 6:57 PM
Sounds like you have it all. Springs, struts, mounts, nut. Thats about it I think.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:10 PM
sure theres no other rubber cups that go between the spring and the strut/shock? i seen that on a corsica before.
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:20 PM
Kinetik wrote:Sounds like you have it all. Springs, struts, mounts, nut. Thats about it I think.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:22 PM
You'll have to take the old struts appart. There's a bump stop, shield, top-hat, spring insulators (top and bottom), bottom-hat, and strut nut that all have to come off the old ones.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:55 PM
i knew it, umm is there any after market performance mounts i can get or are they a waste of money?
Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:45 AM
I believe that KYB makes a set for our cars. Pretty sure you can get them from turbotechracing

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:20 AM
i used all my stock mounts. The struts should have come with new bolts. Its recomended that you replace them, but not everyone does..

-Chris

Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:52 AM
thanks very much guys
Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:01 PM
I used the stock mounts, they were still good, when I last worked on my car. Aftermarket mounts are just the same as stock; don't go out finding the most expensive.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search