front swaybar bushings upgrade? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
front swaybar bushings upgrade?
Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:06 AM
I'm going to be installing my AGX's and Pro-kit in the coming weeks and I thought to myself well when I have it apart I might as well upgrade the front sway bar bushings. Now the question is what do I need? I'm assuming there are two bushings then the end link bushings. Can I pick up new poly bushings are a performance store? I have FE2 stock front sway bar (22mm)

Anyone have a guide on this? Would this really make any difference in handling and stiffen things up a little? I mean for the small cost of the poly bushings why not since the stock stuff is probably just rubber anyway.

Regards,

Re: front swaybar bushings upgrade?
Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:27 AM
Last I heard there wasn't a bushing that properly fit in there without extensive modification.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:35 AM
Oh really. Is that to the U-brackets or to the bushings themselves? or the end link bushings?
Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:30 AM
The D bushings are hard to find. I forgot where, but there's a place on the net that sells them at a decent price. The stock ones are hard rubber, and the difference will be small.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:40 AM
So I guess not worth the upgrade then.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:54 AM
WOO Wooo.

They are easy to find both the D bushings and the endlinks.

Energy suspension makes them. $ 15 for a pair of D bushings, and $15-20 for the endlinks.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/endl.html

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/swaybbct.html

I used ES endlinks on both my front and rear sway bars, Well worth it. i love em.

And as for the D bushings, find the measurement for the inner section of your stock D bushings and compare to the ES ones. Thats how you find your part Number.

Pep boys and NAPA, and autozone carry them here, so look around, they are there.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:31 PM
Thanks El Fuego ( the unstable ) I appriciate your input.

SInce I have the FE2 stock 22mm front sway bar wouldnt the inner diameter be 22mm? Wouldnt that make sense for the D Bushings? Would you go greased or ungreased?

But I guess the issue would be finding the distance for the measurements of the end links. Couldnt you just order the poly peices & use the poly peices on the stock peice instead of replacing the little rod part? or does it come all together as one peice?

Regards,

J
Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:37 PM
Damm I hate that this page doesnt have a edit button.

I'm not sure what d-bushing to order since the bracket peice is different. & I dont know what the size/shape the stock bracket is. So this is tough without taking it apart then ordering the parts then doing the install afterward is that correct or maybe just do the measurements while I'm doing my struts and the do the front bushings at a later time.

Regards,

J
Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:10 PM
NeoJuice wrote:Damm I hate that this page doesnt have a edit button.

I'm not sure what d-bushing to order since the bracket peice is different. & I dont know what the size/shape the stock bracket is. So this is tough without taking it apart then ordering the parts then doing the install afterward is that correct or maybe just do the measurements while I'm doing my struts and the do the front bushings at a later time.

Regards,

J

I know that the stock D bushings cost under $1 here. and as for the endlinks, yes you can buy the poly bushings seperately and replace your rubber ones with them, but for an extra $5 i would just replace the whole thing.

I would go ungreased for the d bushings, cause that is what came stock. As for what the stock brackets for the bushings look like, i dont know, my car didnt have front or rear sway bars when i got it.

Btw, An easy way to check the endlinks is to remove one, and carefully drive up to a parts store and compare the stock one to the ones in the package. Just to remind you, if you didnt already know. ES sells the endlinks and D bushings as pairs. So you get both sides for the lower price i stated above.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search