ground control pics - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ground control pics
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:09 PM
does any one have pics of the ground control coil over set ups. i want to see how low they actually go. before i buy them and yes i did search

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
5 speed,K&N Filter,Stainless Free Flow Muffler,2" Lowering Springs,17" Wheels.

Re: ground control pics
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:15 PM

hope that helped

-marc

boosted again...hehe
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:43 PM
ahh perfect i want them how do they handle and over all work do you liek them

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:09 AM
i like the way they rode for the first 20,000 miles i put on them.. koni's are startin to give a little harsher ride now which i expected.. it actually sits right now all the way up.. believe that lol

-marc

boosted again...hehe
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:33 AM
Note that just because you can adjust them that low, doesn't mean it's drivable like that.

You don't buy coilovers so you can go lower. You buy them so you can tune the ride. If you want to ride around slammed like that, you need an air ride or hydraulic system.

You can slam the car on coilovers for it to sit and look pretty in a show, but that's it.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:19 PM
dont listen to anyone that doesnt drive on them slammed.. like him ^^..... first 20k miles they rode pretty smooth for considerin they were all the way down.. they didnt bounce or bang or anything... rode 10000000 times better than the $1200 RkSport setup i have previously... air ride handles like shlt, dont bother... my cav held corners at higher speeds than it did 2" lower from stock... jus keep the struts around middle setting and at the lowest level ull be straight...

-marc

hmmm..
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:30 PM
Quote:

Note that just because you can adjust them that low, doesn't mean it's drivable like that.

im not exactly sure you know what your talking about on this one sure if you go to low and have not enough room in the wheel wells then yea not drivable but if you have it slammed and there is enough room why is this not drivable? i have a 86 camaro and its slammed right to the ground and its drivable.

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:59 PM
its completely driveable man.. u bottom out the cat or front lip here an there.. sum ppl just dont kno how to drive a lowered car.. pullin in at angles, etc.. wats the worst that could happen, heres the damage i collected over last summer.. not bad

-marc

hmmm..
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:06 PM
yeah i hear ya my camaro grinds on the smallest stuff but i love it

2003 Sunfire 2.2L Ecotec
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search