I need help - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need help
Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking to improve the ride on my car. Yes, I've read the stickies...lol....but I still have a couple of questions.

I want to drop it about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. I got some quotes today for the price to install these springs, and the average install is about 400 CDN. Is that too high? I was originally looking to spend between 800-900 CDN for a nice solid drop, but I'm still not too sure what I can get for that kind of money. If I have to go over 1000 I'll consider it, but I think I should be able to do it. What do you recommend for struts, relatively in my price range. I'm also considering purchasing the megan springs in the group purchase, they seem okay, right?

I guess I just want a nice firm ride, but would like input as to what you feel would be a good choice for struts, roughly between 300-400 dollars.

Thanks again,
Graham

Re: I need help
Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:23 PM
I'd stay away from megan springs. For struts, I would get AGX's (inexpensive, qualtiy, and adjustable).

Consider these springs to match the AGX's:
Eibach Pro-Kit
H&R
B+G

I spent about $550 US(too lazy to put that through a currency converter at the moment) on my AGX's and H&R's. I'm sure install would be about 3-4 hours worth of labor at whatever rate they charge.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:48 PM
My bad, I meant the zenn springs, any input on those?
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:25 PM
where are you located?? to me $400 to install struts/springs is rediculous. if you're anywhere near me, ill help ya do it for a case of beer and lunch at BK, lol

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:42 PM
I would definitely take you up on that offer, except I'm all the way over here in Calgary AB, Canada. But if you're still willing to make a trip, I might even splurge and take you out to an A & W lol....

And yeah, that's what I thought, 400 for an install seems a little pricey...

Thanks again,
Graham
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:48 PM
lol, well, i dont think ill be making that trip, but ill bet if you post in your regional forum asking fro help, someone will help you out. theres plenty of good JBO members who arent looking to get over on anybody

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search