I hate UPS - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I hate UPS
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:48 PM
Yeah so my fairly exspensive D-spec struts we're delivered to the wrong address. I hate UPS this is the 3rd time they have done this.

Re: I hate UPS
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:52 PM
I have the same feelings towards ups. That is why I do not use UPS at all anymore. Im having pretty good luck with DHL though.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:38 PM
i hate USPS... they lose all my @!#$ all the time

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:30 AM
i sumtimes perfer UPS.. over the USPS and DHL.. but Fedex perfered over UPS.. Hell our post office sends us mail that is supposed to go to the bank.. our street is 14th theres is 4.. and wever gotten all kinda of crap that was for the bank.. im sure my 2 story house looks like a bank right?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:16 AM
Just a little update, seems there are still a few honest people left in the world as a neighbor just a few houses down dropped this off @ 7 AM this morning.

I still hate UPS and unfortunately I have like 5 more packages coming from them.

I am very pleased with the packaging the struts came in, you could drop that box off a 3 story building and they would be OK. It also came with a cool little key chain that looks like the dial on the top of the strut.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:04 AM
You can file a notice with UPS (FedEx, DHL, or USPS for that matter) telling them where to leave things if you're not home. My garage door is always unlocked, so I told them to leave anything in there. Fedex is the only one I've ever had problems with, they tend to leave things at the front door. But all of them leave things because I filled out the paperwork. Course I receive things constantly, so they're used to my house.

BTW: They'll only deliver to a neighbor if that neighbor is also getting a package, and they'll make them sign for it. If you had called Fedex they would have told you who signed for the package. An inconvenience to you, I know. But you know who to get your stuff from.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:32 AM
Well,
All the carriers are leaving stuff on my balcony now cause I'm never home.

But UPS has 2 addresses for me, one in MD and one in NJ.
Had to state hop a few times.

just write them a note and it will work out.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:55 AM
That 'keychain' is your adjustor I thought it was a keychain too at first, then I realized, theres no knobs at the top of the strut, you unscrew the adjustor and then a magical allan key is at the end of one side of it

Enjoy the struts though, theyre wicked

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:52 AM
Haha yeah I just noticed that... Thats really cool actually now no mechanic can mess with my settings...
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:04 PM
As a supervisor for UPS I can understand why you're so pissed off but you have to take into account a couple things. One, is the address on the label on the box correct? Two, did YOU aciddently type the wrong # when shipping? Three, did the shipper accidently type the wrong # when shipping? Four, if you typed the number correctly, did the shipper who encoded the information into the barcode input it directly? You have to realize that when packages are dilvered, we go byy what is scanned from the barcode under the tracking number on those labels. Sometimes( due to shipper error, not UPS error, as we don't put those labels on the boxes, the company shipping the item prints them out and places them on the box) the shippers encode the wrong information. I hear it all the time though. "My box went here instead of here, my box was damaged, etc etc etc" People don't realize it's not just the drivers at UPS. Your box was probably handled by 5-20 people and often times, with your situation, it's not our fault, but the people shipping. It's cool though, you can hate UPS. I do too sometime, but brown will one day own the world

Nice stuff by the way. At least they came in one piece

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:04 PM
Yep just the other day I had to send my shocks and struts back because ups flung them around and they all where hitting each other by the time they go to me. Explain supervisor man........ please and thank u.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:15 PM
Yeah everything was correct and all, turns out the delivery driver no speaka any english, but yeah I just needed a huge corporate figure to take my frustration out on.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:01 PM
justin holmes wrote:Yep just the other day I had to send my shocks and struts back because ups flung them around and they all where hitting each other by the time they go to me. Explain supervisor man........ please and thank u.

Yea, that was me...every see the opening scene to Ace Ventura? hha just kidding - Seriously though, i write up at least 2-3 people a week for throwing packages or doing something stupid like that. Sometimes its the coneyor belts thats cause damages by stuff falling off, stuff getting stck in a jam and bigger boxes falling on them, stuff like that. @!#$ happens, whether its FedUp or DHL

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:19 PM
I used to work the preload shift unloading trailers and loading the delivery trucks. I affectionately started calling it UPS(pronounced OOPS). Christmas sucks ass by the way. Don't work at OOPS during Christmas!
Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:56 AM
I like UPS... they buy a LOT of my companies products.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:29 AM
Whats that? Duct Tape? lol....

Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:11 AM
LMAO

the terrain and collision avoidance system they install in their aircraft.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:16 AM
Sounds like a real expensive piece of Duct Tape. lol....

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:22 AM
base model will run about $65,000 for something that can fit in a breadbox.

Desert Tuners

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:43 AM
Ok, WTF is it, whats it do and how much does it cost to make it. Come on man I have connections we can start our own thing!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:29 PM

Desert Tuners

Friday, February 03, 2006 8:14 PM
Hey hey, easy on UPS, I work for them as a customer service representative, and hvae to listen to you people bitch about not getting your packages all day. Most of the time people asking, "can't the driver deliver after 5pm. Don't you know people work?" Most of the time I want to say yes you idiot, I do know people work, which is why I am sitting here listening to you, and why the driver was out at the time he was making deliveries at the time he was. We are just like you, we work and this is our job. Most of the times, the only thing that ups could do to please you people is track you down and give you your package on a silver platter, which is not going to happen. I understand that you were upset about the misdelivery, but if you have a problem call us and we will help you out. Just don't be an a$$ about it. Sorry just had to vent, I got off of work a little while ago....lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2148993/1
Friday, February 03, 2006 9:15 PM
UPS delivered after 5 at my old place.
Came one time as late as 7 pm.
Which was the problem cause I dont get OT on my job until after 5.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:46 PM
OK @!#$ UPS! I was supposed to do my suspension install today, but what do you know they never delivered the springs yesterday. SO I call and call and call... Nothing all they tell me is I can pick up my package at the center on TUESDAY!!! WTF. I hate that poo poo brown company.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:23 AM
They aren't that bad here in Canada (to my knowledge)... but they do bend you over when you get anything shipped from the US... I had an intake shipped from Seattle to Vancouver and they charge me $10 in Tax (required by customs) and a $25 or $30 fee for customs brokering. All this on top of the fact that they charged $45 to ship the intake when USPS was only going to be $20 and they have no Brokerage fee... I would use USPS over UPS any day of the week... Tracking number required though!!!

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search