Best Drag Setup??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Drag Setup???
Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:13 PM
Ok right now i have Tein S-techs with AGX's. Should i stick with this or is there any better drag setup? Im gonna be doing a motor swap and some other stuff and should be putting down some good numbers. This is all going to happen this summer once i sell my camaro. So what do you guys think? Should i stick with my current suspension or go with coils or what? If i redo my suspension i dont wanna spend more than 1k. Or if i keep the current setup i will just get some a-arm bushings and sub frame braces and stuff.

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Best Drag Setup???
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:51 PM
That strut/spring combo is plenty good enough. I would concentrate on bushings, tires, and anything related to power generation.

Friday, January 06, 2006 2:26 PM
Bracing and bushings woud be best suited. Your struts and springs should be fine. Just adjust them before the run.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:40 PM
regardless of hp etc...is it safe to assume that a car "lowered" say and inch or two wold run a better time then on the stock struts/springs? Doesnt the aftermarket suspension items wieght more...resulting in a worse time? (just talking about spring/strut/shock replacement)
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:46 AM
After-market generally does weigh more. But good struts will help the wheels stick to the track (assuming you have the HP to break them free). Lowering the car will recude wind drag on technicality, but I wouldn't really factor that in unless you're turning it into a funny car.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:40 PM
stiffer springs would help prevent weight transfer, yes?

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:53 PM
soft front , and stiff rear

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:50 AM
Would a Koni Yellow/GC Coilover setup be sufficient for drag?

Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:58 AM
I find this to be a very good question, as I miss my RK coils/Konis for this very reason. The stiffness helped out in the wheelhop department a ton, however I still had it at times depending on launch technique. Now with adjustable dampening and springs I'm sure you could turn the dampening up to offer a similiar stiffening effect.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search