Best Suspension Setup For Me? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best Suspension Setup For Me?
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:37 AM
ok here are my questions, and i was wondering if you all could tell me the best suspension setup.
Preferably below 1000 USD.
I want a 1.5 inch drop.
Coilovers are not required, but as always a big plus.
And most importantly, i want a smoooth ride. I want the smoothest ride possible.
If it is not possible to get a ride much smoother than stock, what is this stiffest suspension.
I will eventually be getting sway bars (seperate cost)
So which ones will I get best that would get rid of the body lean, but still allow a nice easy ride.
IS there any other misc parts i need for an awesome setup.

If there is a system that could allow me to go from ultra smooth to super stiff that would be awesome to, but again I dont really want to spend over 1000 usd. Thanks

Re: Best Suspension Setup For Me?
Sunday, December 18, 2005 10:15 PM
Go read the FAQ.

Not just skim it either, read it.

Next cut the word "best" out of your vocabulary. There is no such thing.

Smooth is the opposite of Good Handling. Pick one or the other.

Blown struts on stock springs are quite gentle (bouncy, but gentle). They are the most horrid setup for handling though.

If you want something simple, drivable, easy: Go with KYB AGXs and the Eibach ProKit. 1.4" drop, very good handling, and not too much more harsh than stock.

As for body roll. If you want to go fairly cheap, and quite easy, go with the Eibach Sway Bar set. It's a no-brainer solution for "most people". Reduces body roll and generally increasing handling.

Those are just my generic answers to people like you who want something better, but don't really know what they want. If you know what you want, read the FAQ, it will tell you most all of what you need to know.

Monday, December 19, 2005 12:13 AM
wow thankyou for reading my post
my question was what is the "best" suspension for a smooth ride, and if i couldnt one that is better than stock what would the "best" be for a nice stiff ride.
I was looking at tein SS or Gravana or if those are two extreme koni setup
Monday, December 19, 2005 10:44 AM
Tien SS and Gravana COS are very good choices if you want a firm, tight handling ride. They are not smoothe at all though.

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:47 AM
for 1.5" i would say Eibach Prot kits and KYB AGX or Tokico HP. Tokico HP i think is a prefered brand.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:23 AM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:for 1.5" i would say Eibach Prot kits and KYB AGX or Tokico HP. Tokico HP i think is a prefered brand.

Agreed. For what you're asking for, that's a good solution.

Monday, December 19, 2005 12:14 PM
Wouldn't setting the AGX on the lowest setting give a somewhat comfy ride?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:30 AM
would it make a differnce if i went koni rather than tein SS. I mean is the SS really that much better for a 1.5 inch drop. I eventually want to make this an autox car, so what do you recommend, i was thinkign koni yellow and eiabch prokit
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:06 AM
Well,
If the person installing these is knowledgeable about suspension and jbody suspension then yeha it doesn't matter.

If not, then save up and go with one of the premade set ups like Tein or Gravana.

Personally, I wasn't going to touch my suspension until I was live and direct with the Tein installation with Event. LITERALLY out of the box and on the car.
Same with Gravana, out of the box, minimal adjustment and on the car.
Both very simple.

But since you're on the budget, just make sure whoever is doing your suspension knows what they're doing.
Do go for the Koni/Eibach you'll like it.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:29 AM
The suspension mention Eibach Pro kit and AGX or Tokico D spec is the better for you. I know the the coil overs may be to expensive and with that set up it is also plug and play. Any shop that can put on struts can put those on if you don't want to do it. If you do Koni that is a little more involved but not that problematic. No sense going for coil overs if you are not going to be AutoX, or raising and lowering you car on a regular basis. If you car is going to be the same height no need for coil overs

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:01 AM
Tokico HPs are stock replacements and not meant for any drop. Don't use them.
D-Specs are meant to handle drops. Just to clear that up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search