FS: Baer 13 inch brakes & 17 inch Enkei RPO2 w/nitto neogen 225/45/17 - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: Baer 13 inch brakes & 17 inch Enkei RPO2 w/nitto neogen 225/45/17
Friday, April 11, 2008 9:17 PM
Would like to sell locally mainly because wheels and tires are heavy as well as the full brake package is ungodly heavy.

basically i am finally man'in up and parting out some more of the cav....

Baer Brakes 13 inch track kit, Slotted and drilled Rotors and naturally the stainless steel brake lines. now heres the thing. this comes with the knuckles already attached. basically this is a remove the stock knuckle, steering tie rod, and axle and brake line and switch in without taking apart the stock setup apart. Theres no need to modify your stock knuckles to get this to fit. its just a complete replacement. stock rotors are 10.2 inch, these are 13.1 inch rotors. new pads when time for replacement, are 88-94 corvette pads when the time comes. I also believe i have a spare goodridge or russell performance stainless steel brake line. also "speedbleeders" are already installed from russel performance as well as EBC green stuff pads with a good amount of pad left. selling for 800$ firm.

Also for sale is a set of 4 Enkei RPO2 17x7 alloy wheels. they have 225/45/17 Nitto Neogen Tires with (and yes i measured and will post pics soon when i get home) 6 or 7/32'nds worth of tread left. if i remember right they start with 9/32nds. basically i bought em then really didnt drive much outside of work for the few months before i bought the charger... the enkeis do not have any curb rash, although one wheel has a road knick on of of the spokes and discoloration around ONE of the lug holes. can be easily fixed. the other three wheels were well protected and are fine. 1300 when new, selling for 500 firm.

will post pics later tonight when clean up the brakes. questions or concerns post em.

also, local is in the TOWSON, MD area...

Re: FS: Baer 13 inch brakes & 17 inch Enkei RPO2 w/nitto neogen 225/45/17
Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:58 AM
^^
Those rims are pretty decent, but not sure what to do about those large brakes.

I'll have to stop by and check things out.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, April 12, 2008 12:57 PM
Enkei Wheels and Nitto Tires

Baer 13 inch Brakes and 1 Spare Brake Line.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:09 PM
small update as i keep finding more stuff since i've moved....

the wheels will come with all 4 center caps, and all 4 hubcentric aluminum rings that fit the enkei wheels so that the wheel isnt bearing all the weight on the lugs, the weight is placed on the hub ring itself.

also the brakes will also come with a Brand New set of Raybestos rear cavalier shoes for the drums... so you can replace the rear brakes with new as well if you havent done so at all....

also, offers entertained..... but if you have a blatant LOW BALLING offer, just dont even bother writing... if you post up an offer, in the very least keep in mind that the brakes are well over 1400 brand new, and the wheels & tires are over 1300 brand new...thanx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:10 PM

Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:24 PM
Honestly, I am looking for a set of big brakes but the calipers and rotors look like hell.... and appear to have been run in winter thus all the pitting in them.

......the wilwoods being only $100 more and coming brand new... look a tad more appealing.

Good luck with the sale tho buddy.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:48 PM
they look as they do mainly because the car has sat and done nothing for the past 6 months in the back yard after i bought my 07 charger.

naturally before i let anything go it will get cleaned up... same as the tires.... the calipers are perfectly fine and have no pitting at all. they do however have grease smudges from removing the knuckle from the ball joint.

also the wilwood kit you refer to is a 12 inch rotor. if thats what you want, then go for it.

all of the 13 inch rotor kits from gravana are 1400+

SSBC http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2001_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Sedan_2.2.aspx/3/123/_SSBC_A163_Cavalier_Sunfire_13_inch_Front_Big_Brake_Kit

Baer http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2001_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Sedan_2.2.aspx/3/4993/_Baer_4301111_Track_13_Front_Cavalier_Sunfire_Big_Brake_Kit_Drilled_Slotted_Rotors

as said, open to offers....

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:40 PM
eh, i was interested until i seen the photo, they look worn out like they were on a junk yard car. I want to see them cleaned up and even then i won't pay $800 for them when new is only a few bucks more. Interested to see them cleaned up...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:42 PM

Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:14 PM
An inch bigger yes, didn't catch the difference before. Gravana says $1245 anyways...

I'm sure they could be cleaned and re-polished to a shine and everything. I just don't feel like wasting the time doing that. But i am with BOOSTED on this.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:26 PM
Cody@RD Fabs wrote:An inch bigger yes, didn't catch the difference before. Gravana says $1245 anyways...

I'm sure they could be cleaned and re-polished to a shine and everything. I just don't feel like wasting the time doing that. But i am with BOOSTED on this.

well at least one person is using their mellon....

1245$ + 150 core charge = 1395$ (still have to pay that charge initially) then you have to pay to ship your cores to baer and they arent light in weight........

either way, neither of you have made any offers, just pretty much dogged what you've seen, while they are still not cleaned. iron rotors tend to rust when not used. even the new rotors on my charger gets some rust if i dont drive for a day or two....

if you two would prefer the 12 inch kits, by all means, go buy em. as said, the 13 inch kits cost more, so mentioning:

Quote:

i won't pay $800 for them when new is only a few bucks more
when you are referencing a 12 inch kit being a few bucks more, not a 13 inch kit which is about 400$ more brand new, is kinda pointless. not to mention i already stated "accepting offers"... hopefully everyone should know what that means and i dont have to explain that like we are in another country....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:30 PM

Sunday, April 13, 2008 8:33 PM
Art if I still had my cav I would be all over this and you know it lol.... And hell I would go down there to pick it up so we can bs about wrestling again

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:13 PM
Bubbaknoxz wrote:Art if I still had my cav I would be all over this and you know it lol.... And hell I would go down there to pick it up so we can bs about wrestling again

nah its cool brah,....what exactly DID happen? i got your email from the 9th on the 11th... and was just like "what? wrecked....stolen? whats the deal?

and i've been making my way up to "Rahway, NJ".... that anywhere close? a few of the guys i train with and trained me have been takin me up there to learn from the ROH and TNA talents like Sabin, Alex Shelley, Black Machismo, LAX (hernandez and homicide) and Samoa Joe.... just goin anywhere i can learn my trade..... if its close, next time i'll hit you up before the 3-4 hour trip prob can get ya in, hang out and meet some of the guys before and after the show if you want...

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:09 AM
Linky to thread

Thats basically the story on the cav

Im about 30 mins outside of Rahway. Just let me know when you come up here, so I can clear the school schedule

Monday, April 14, 2008 8:26 AM
Parting out the cav?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, April 14, 2008 10:41 AM
i may have to give you a call about the brakes i just have to make sure i can fit them behind my wheels.

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Monday, April 14, 2008 7:20 PM
Brakes selling????

.................Art moving????

...................people on JBO Whining and complaining?????? ( well some things never change)

Got back home and logged in for old time sake and saw the post.. Bro I'll give you a ring so I don't thread jack.

Say it with me, "Its not what you know...It's what you can prove"

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:49 PM
Bubbaknoxz wrote:Linky to thread

Thats basically the story on the cav

Im about 30 mins outside of Rahway. Just let me know when you come up here, so I can clear the school schedule

welll damn.... did you pick up the EVO yet? damn... that def sucks. amd you just decided to return to modding it. bah...crappy how that happens, but you are getting a new project and still in good health, so alls good. not sure when i'll be there again soon, but it will be relatively soon as the summer with pro wrestling is hectic... i also heard of some place in NY to go to as well. but will def let ya know.

Rodimus Prime wrote:Parting out the cav?

yea, tis about that time.

I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:i may have to give you a call about the brakes i just have to make sure i can fit them behind my wheels.

cool deal, they fit most 17's so just let me know. and like said, make an offer.... some people didnt get that too well

Signal 13 wrote:Brakes selling????

.................Art moving????

...................people on JBO Whining and complaining?????? ( well some things never change)

Got back home and logged in for old time sake and saw the post.. Bro I'll give you a ring so I don't thread jack.

nah its cool. and yea its normal JBO... the same shhhh like when you sold your stuff. it never changes.... . yea made a short move, same area though, which is good. finally got bold enough to part out the rest of the car. theres a few more things to remove, but not worth the effort. and yea DO give a call tonite or tommorow.... Donnie B-man is coming back into town next week. he'll be over by your precinct in the arbutus area. prob stop down, pick him up and go visit you at work....

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:52 PM
Well,
The rotors, calipers, etc. are in good shape.
His camera is kinda exaggerating them.

And you're getting everything to install.
No cores to send off to BAER, SS lines, calipers , pads, etc.

And finally a seller that knows a thing or two about suspension and brakes.

Good deal folks,
-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:23 PM
lol to me $400 is a couple bucks more on something like this.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:28 AM
BOOSTED / JMdecals.com! wrote:lol to me $400 is a couple bucks more on something like this.

riiiiiiiiiight

honestly, you are posting, but its not even on topic or making any sense.....heres why:

for starters, 400$ is the difference in price of the brand new 12 inch kit vs the brand new 13 inch kit.

Baer 1395$

minus

wilwood kit with 2 piece rotors 895$ +
Quote:

Plumbing: Fittings and flex lines to install these brake systems are NOT INCLUDED and must be ordered separately. This kit requires part #WIL-220-8422. Our price : $89.95

994.99 Total

so....1395$ - 994.99 = $400.01

the 400$ you are are mentioning NOW and that i referred to above, is the price difference between the TWO KITS BRAND NEW.... soooooooo whats your point again? if 400$ isnt a big difference to you, then call up gravana and make the decision between the wilwood and baer kit and call it a day. I'm sure you've sold enough stickers by now to support this.... 400$ difference has nothing to do with the kit i am selling. this is a post about baer brakes, NOT wilwoods, or the comparison of wilwood vs baers price.

at the price i originally put them on here as.... which was over 600$ less than brand new and theres no core charge to pay, just a simple swap in and out of the whole assembly. the knuckles, extra parts and rear brakes shoes as well.

at that rate one could get brand new rotors if they desired, but not needed, for 300$ and the kit is pretty much still 300$ less than brand new. maybe even more so of savings since i've stated open to offers, which means you can put up an offer and i'll either accept or deny it.... SAME GOES FOR THE WHEELS AND TIRES. i personally just dont want em in the living room anymore.

so lets be realistic,

400$ is a couple HUNDRED more bucks..... simple reality, call it as it is... else by now if you were that wealthy and money isnt a thing to you...., you'd have upgraded the brakes on boosted car by now....especially being boosted and all.

just basic common logic, and i'd appreciate it if you'd stop being the forum troll on this post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:30 AM

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:29 AM
art you should know by now its damn near impossible to sell anything on this site

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:10 AM
The Rebirth of AAG Pioneer! wrote:art you should know by now its damn near impossible to sell anything on this site

ain't that the truth. unfortunately most of the people on this site don't understand that quality parts cost a lot. everybody wants something for nothing. $800 for that Baer setup is a great deal. Anyone that has been around this site for any amount of time knows that you are one to take care of your parts. Heck, if I had an extra $800 sitting around, I'd jump all over those brakes. I've always wanted the Baer setup, just never really had the disposable income to invest in it. Good luck with the sale.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:59 PM
The Rebirth of AAG Pioneer! wrote:art you should know by now its damn near impossible to sell anything on this site

i know, nothing has changed really over a decade. same people pulling the same tricks.

AL1A5 wrote:ain't that the truth. unfortunately most of the people on this site don't understand that quality parts cost a lot. everybody wants something for nothing. $800 for that Baer setup is a great deal. Anyone that has been around this site for any amount of time knows that you are one to take care of your parts. Heck, if I had an extra $800 sitting around, I'd jump all over those brakes. I've always wanted the Baer setup, just never really had the disposable income to invest in it. Good luck with the sale.

definately true. some cant understand the difference between 12 inches and 13 inches... but what can ya do....

on the bright side though, i did sell the wheels and tires. they went for 380, although another person JUST offered 500 for the set of 4, plus the spare 225/45/17 i have... could have made what i was asking, but i've been fortunate enough that i can help out others a bit just gettin started.... cant be mad though....

this weekend has been great so far.... considering i started friday morning with no sleep, drove to i think its called "ATCO" NJ, to speak to 6th and 8th Graders about Samoa, today got alot of the house cleared out and got the tires and wheels out of here. been a pretty productive time....

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:34 PM
Art I might be getting another J. So just letting you know the Baers belong to the Bubba, if everything goes through next week

Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:08 AM
damn you in jersey and didnt tell me

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search