Feeler: trade 2.4 turbo setup for sc kit - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feeler: trade 2.4 turbo setup for sc kit
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:03 AM
Im not sure if I actualy want to do this, just giving it some thought as my car is still my dd and I may want to focus on some more aspects of the car other than going fast as I havnt even had the car a year yet. Anyways, heres whats included. Nothing has been ran on my car, but some parts are used. If not interested in a straight up trade, pm me and we can talk more.

rebuilt garrett t3 super .60 with internal wg, .60/.48
canadian ebay manifold beadblasted ready to be coated or whatever
2.5" headerwrapped downpipe, bolts to stock catback location, automatic trans may need some modding
2.5" aluminum charge piping kit, 3 ply blue couplers and t-bolt clamps
Johny race car 6" intercooler, very long
310cc ld9 sc injectors
1g dsm bov on custom mounted 2.5" pipe
function 7 4an restricted oil feed fitting, 10an return fitting
12" 10an ss return line, 24" 4an ss feed line, 45* 10an fitting for oil pan
gtp 2 bar map sensor
port matched 2.3 ho intake manifold and 2.3 56mm throttle body
misc gaskets and such

If anyone is seriously interested pm me for pictures and more info. As I said Im looking for a 2.4 gm sc kit, or even make me an offer. Im not sure about this, just feeling around for interest. Dont ask me to separate anything, cause if I dont see any interest everything is going on the car; Im going boosted no matter what.

Re: Feeler: trade 2.4 turbo setup for sc kit
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:30 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha

bump

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 4:53 PM
lol, I was waiting for you to chime in Ed. Dont even think Ill find the interest, just kinda feeling like @!#$ this morning and thoughts going through my head. Ill see if anyone wants to trade but I honestly dont think it'll happen.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:15 PM
As much as it would entertain me to say "I told you, you'd do it". I will say don't do it, because if you do you'll wanna trade someone for their turbo kit in a couple months! lmao

in all seriousness, turbo is the way to go. you'll be really happy when you slap it in there! keep it

Getting "better built" for the '08...
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:28 PM
I had a S/C went turbo and sold the S/C. Then I sold the turbo. Im torn between what i should do now. I miss both.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:55 PM
LOL!! Funny I traded my turbo setup for a SC, then the next owner makes 400+hp with it

I like my SC and I am not tired of it yet ( maybe because I don't drive the Z everyday ).

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:28 PM
The reason why I thought about this is that I realized I still want to drive the car alot and not have any headaches to deal with. Id also like to focus on some different aspects of the car instead of just going fast in a straight line. Also its just some little bs things that are frustrating me, and with a sc I could just slap on and go; plus it seems like all Ive been seeing lately is sc's lol. I honestly didnt think I would find anyone interested, but the thought had crossed my mind so I figured id give it a shot.

So Ed your not completely right yet. Ive just got a few little things to work out and then it will go on the car. Like I said I didnt think I would find anyone interested so Ill prolly end up staying turbo.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:31 PM
....or....you should part it out

Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:03 AM
No parting out lol. Its funny cause Ive spent the past few months asking other to part out haha. I may have found a trade, we'll see what happens.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:55 AM
I wouldnt turbo a daily driver.

Friday, March 21, 2008 5:36 AM
^^^Exactly my point, specialy with a higher mileage motor even though another one is in the works

Friday, March 21, 2008 7:51 AM
That was one of my considerations when switching from turbo to SC. I would love to have the power output of the turbo, but reliability is an issue even with a built motor. I know from past bashes, there are several turbo cars there and for one reason or another had issues at the track. My only issue with the 2.4 GM SC is that it should be a M62

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Friday, March 21, 2008 7:58 AM
Yea I was planning a full out turbo build, but Id like to drive the car and enjoy it more without little bs issues. Im sure Id be pretty happy with a sc, smaller pulley,alky,and a built motor

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search