trade hoods? - North East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trade hoods?
Friday, July 06, 2007 10:16 AM
does anyone in the pittsburgh area wat to trade hoods? I have an APC Titanium carbon fiber hood...meaning silver instead of blackish (with the inverted scoop), that needs some fiberglass work.....retails for 2 large, I am looking for something different. Email me for some pics, and some more info.....give me a pic of what you got while your at it. I would also sell for a lot less than I paid, since it does need some decently easy fiberglass work.

Re: trade hoods?
Friday, July 06, 2007 10:34 AM
Cav or Fire?

Friday, July 06, 2007 10:41 AM
i guess that would help huh...

it is a cavy hood. I have pics if anyones interested, I just cant get them loaded on here.
Monday, July 09, 2007 12:39 PM
ok, heres a pic of the hood, it has been lightened up so you can actually see it, and it is just sitting on the car. let me know if you have any questions.

Monday, July 09, 2007 3:11 PM
how about some pictures of the parts where it needs fiberglassed so everyone can see?

and what hood are you looking for in return?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:32 AM
Im open for whatever that is not OEM as far as hoods go. CF, Fiberglass, whatever....post up or email me a pic of what you got. I dont have any pics of what needs the fiberglass work, so I will give a description....

Basically needs new nuts epoxied into place for where your stock hardware bolts to the hood (hinges and latch). The shop started to install it, and 3 bolts started turning, they had to cut the heads off the bolts to get the hood off, and my factory hood back on. So it sits just like that in my garage, but I didnt really like the way it looked on the car, so instead of fixing it, I decided to trade it in or sell it.

If you have a really nice hood, I would do trade + cash since this one needs fixed.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:46 AM
John Benham wrote:does anyone in the pittsburgh area wat to trade hoods? I have an APC Titanium carbon fiber hood...meaning silver instead of blackish (with the inverted scoop), that needs some fiberglass work.....retails for 2 large, I am looking for something different. Email me for some pics, and some more info.....give me a pic of what you got while your at it. I would also sell for a lot less than I paid, since it does need some decently easy fiberglass work.

are you saying it retails for $2000?

i pray not

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:11 AM
Well when APC still had a website (and a company), this was listed on thier site, as suggested retail $1999.95..... No I did not pay that much, nor am I looking for anything near that for it....thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me too.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:43 AM
I really need to get this out of my garage.....anyone have a different hood, or cash want it....make any offer you got, i need this gone!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search