00-02 Type J kit for LS bumpers with lips - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00-02 Type J kit for LS bumpers with lips
Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:23 PM
Im looking to trade my red Type J body kit for any color stock body kit, either with WW lips or LS Sport lips. Reason for selling is wanting to go to a sleeper look now that im boosted so going back to flat black with stock kit. Will meet half way. Kit is not perfect, but is in good shape minus a crack in the front ( 7/10 ) rear is 10/10, sides are prolly (8/10 and do come with strikes). Practically a steal for anyone wanting an aftermarket Type J kit. Let me know if there is interest I can get pics up Here are just some pics for people that dont know what the car looks like.

Also may be selling C/F extractor hood with painted sides. kind of checking interest in that as well

Re: 00-02 Type J kit for LS bumpers with lips
Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:01 PM
ill take the turbo kit ha ha

13.1 @ 115
Sunday, October 12, 2008 7:10 PM
PMed

JstAcav
Monday, October 13, 2008 3:56 PM
i'll take ur mom

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:38 AM
HAHA I win the bet.....Six months and you allready are wanting to change the car and make it different...

Wheres my money paul and jorden???

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:50 PM
where's recent pics?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:26 PM
Eric I kind of dont have a choice, if you would have been at the show you would have seen what happened, basically the car needs repainted as it is, and then now the fender is crushed, I can get a pic of it like right now but the kit looks exactly the same as in these pics, but all body peices are fine, all pics are current as in taken a month or so at the most, some pics are from like 2 weeks ago.

Since the car is getting repainted, thought I would take this time to make somewhat of a sleeper out of it.. If It didnt need repainted I would think about changing it, so.. you fail and paul and jorden can keep money. lol If I can get a new fender to match the one that is messed up id keep it painted this way, and keep the kit. since that seems hard, id rather go flat black with stock wheels and a drop with decent stock bumpers and id be set.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:47 PM
Jeff'y the pics are up on TA's myspace if you need to see em.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:29 PM
s1lver_N1p wrote:where's recent pics?

here ya go chris and for everyone else to see here are pics taken Saturday good luck with the sale jeffro

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:29 PM
im sure he appreciates you putting the pictures on here lol.... the side skirt is alright tho, right jeff? it just got bend a lil, but since its urethane it just bent back after taking the screws out of the fender.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:39 PM
Yeah, its 100 percent perfect its urethane and isnt even bent when I unscrewed it.. like I said I can get pics but they look exactly the same as the pics I put, not a scratch on them.

And thanks for trying to @!#$ me Paul, as usual.. but as I said the whole kit is as good as it was before the fender issue, so I dont know what the point is in that... Here are pics taken 2 min ago..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:51 PM

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:53 PM
Also, while on the subject.. this is why you buy Urethane and not FG people lol

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:43 PM
So we have pics & no story.......what happened???

Member of JBO - 9 Years & Counting...
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:06 PM
Kevin Richter wrote:So we have pics & no story.......what happened???

he's been rockin 3 lug nuts for about 2 years now. even his mom knew he was rockin 3 lug nuts but didn't say anything about the safety issue. not sure how or why they popped off then. he's driven up to MN to get painted and then to OH for the bash. he's lucky it happened in his home town w/ plenty of people to help. glad your ok jeff. keep the kit, just get a fender. why follow everyone else and go back to stock after takin the time to get the kit?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:11 PM
also jeff everyone is just trying to keep people honest. so people are not thinking that there getting some thing that is in mint condition when it is not. he just pointed something out just as i did with skunk. i bet it was nothing personal just getting it out there before someone starts talking bs about a kit that your selling. but i do agree with nip and get a fender and fix the paint. it will be cheaper and be different than all others. i also bet you don't have a quit exhaust to complete the sleeper part. << more money spent. gl on what ever way you go.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:37 PM
his exhaust isnt that bad now that he actually HAS one. (he was running open down pipe for the past month

i also say just get a new fender and paint it. wetsand and buff the whole car and youre sitting pretty

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:58 PM
Well it IS in mint shape since I it isnt ripped, torn.. or anything like that at all.. the fender was pushed so I take the screw out of the fender and it pulls right back to shape.. maybe ill try getting a new fender, and my exhaust is fairly quiet, with resonators and such, you do hear the BB Turbo spool, but its too late by then lol. But I appriciate the input.

Also Chris.. I did have 5 lugs and studs when I went to Curts and went everywhere and had the turbo on at bens, so it happened in the last few days, I guess 1 Lug was snapped that I wasnt aware of that my mom must have noticed when leaving, and then I turn a corner and 4 others snap off going 5 mph. Not sure what happened just glad that everything was somewhat fine aside from a fender. But yeah.. the studs have broke before and all 5 were replaced in Ft. Wayne at MantaZs house a few months ago. They are stock rims, and so im not sure what is up, but regardless the kit is fine and in perfect condition and as I put in the first place the sides and rear are mint with a crack in the front, as it was when I first got the kit.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:04 PM
s1lver_N1p wrote:
Kevin Richter wrote:So we have pics & no story.......what happened???

he's been rockin 3 lug nuts for about 2 years now. even his mom knew he was rockin 3 lug nuts but didn't say anything about the safety issue. not sure how or why they popped off then. he's driven up to MN to get painted and then to OH for the bash. he's lucky it happened in his home town w/ plenty of people to help. glad your ok jeff. keep the kit, just get a fender. why follow everyone else and go back to stock after takin the time to get the kit?

all lugs have been there for a while.... i keep blowing engines, he just snaps lug studs.....

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:02 PM
ill trade u

13.1 @ 115
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search