Anyone looking to purchase air-ride soon? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone looking to purchase air-ride soon?
Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:37 AM
Basically get a hold of me if serious.

I have a lot of money tied up into my setup which is 95% brand new and I'm debating the idea now. Car hasn't even sat on the ground yet.

If looking to purchase please contact me as I'll discuss what I have, and why I've gone this route. It isn't your standard Easystreet kit everyone tosses in their cars, mine has quite a few upgrades management wise many skimp out on.

Re: Anyone looking to purchase air-ride soon?
Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:47 AM
^This man doesn't do anything half-way at all... Cleaner then most people's cars on this site period. This man will powerdcoat anything that doesn't look right.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:26 AM
I might be interested, get ahold of me sometime joe.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:35 AM
Ive been tossing the idea around.....pm me some prices and better details
Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:45 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Basically get a hold of me if serious.

I have a lot of money tied up into my setup which is 95% brand new and I'm debating the idea now. Car hasn't even sat on the ground yet.

If looking to purchase please contact me as I'll discuss what I have, and why I've gone this route. It isn't your standard Easystreet kit everyone tosses in their cars, mine has quite a few upgrades management wise many skimp out on.

wtf!!!

Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:06 PM
i wish i had the $ for air.

although i would love to see your car sitting on the ground. you sure you wanna sell?

coming back in 2008...
Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:34 PM
Trey, Hush it!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:37 PM
hehe.... Hey your car is one of the cleanest too!

Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:41 PM
Thats how we do

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:48 PM
Import Fighter and shaved doors FTW.

Oh and many people seem to have missed this part-
Joe Schulte wrote:and I'm debating the idea now

I would like to finish this myself, but financially it's a toss-up and I'm having a lot of mixed feelings regarding the Cav in general. I consider this more of a feeler post for those considering air to contact me before purchasing new etc.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:19 PM
just keep it you pussy.

Portage, MI

Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:32 PM
wow, ill ask around since its a FEELER post..

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:40 PM
Might as well just buy a camry Joe. Wont be tempted to buy anything fancy then and get rid of it before its even on the car.

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR
Friday, January 04, 2008 3:53 AM
Cavfan1 wrote:Might as well just buy a camry Joe. Wont be tempted to buy anything fancy then and get rid of it before its even on the car.

Friday, January 04, 2008 5:38 AM
^Have either of you seen the new one? It is the same thing as the IS 250 Lexus... I still would be doing something to that.

Friday, January 04, 2008 7:31 AM
I don't know why everyone concerns themselves over a feeler post made by myself.

I definately don't want to finish up the air-ride if I'm sitting here debating whether I want to finish up the car in general, so this is a starting point for me to decide what I want to do.

Tax time coming = people having money = possible chance of me breaking somewhat close to even and helping someone else along with myself. If it doesn't happen, I won't be hurt. With the money invested and money left to invest I'm just having a hard time justifying doing this @!#$ any longer.

Friday, January 04, 2008 9:34 AM
you are at that breaking point where you have to decide wether you enjoy it enough to spend money on it or not. if you can't justify the money then your not having fun doing it, and if your not having fun then your just wasting money. id just stop modying for a couple months. and then see how you feel. a couple of times ive gotten done with the mods for the year and just got burnt out and though of selling it. then after a couple months taking time off im ready to go to shows and get back into it. id say just take some time to decide what you want before you go selling stuff. seen it tons of times people on here buying a bunch of stuff. throwing it on the car, getting burned out selling the car then their back a few months later with a nother car and they start buying parts for it. just take a sebatical.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, January 05, 2008 12:03 PM
Im tellin' ya. If you would of ever completed your set up, had it on the ground, and drove it around for a few days you'd never want to sell it.

And when you did make your self sell it (as in my case of selling the entire car) you're gonna kick your self in the ass.

I could of keep my sedan, keep it bagged, and gotten my toaster and been fine. But for what ever stupid reason, I wasn't thinking clear enough, and sold it. I really do regret it, and it may lead to another LS Sedan 2.4L build one day.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:57 PM
Nothing is sold, and as said this is nothing more than a feeler post............so I'm not saying the car isn't going to be done, etc. It's just been a big debate for me lately but I'm realizing that it's going to take more time to get everything I want done and I'm becoming more comfortable with that.

Jason put things very well, I just need to step back and this weather isn't helping my mood. I realize I want to finish it, but the money invested had me questioning it but I'm not too far away. I'm just awaiting the manifold valves now.

No offense but be happy you sold the sedan and that you may get to start over, that thing sucks, but it gets Gregg where he needs to go. I just don't know how you expected any of that wiring for the headlamps to hold up, seems every piece in the interior is broken somehow from being removed, seat covers look like hell, headliner looks well...interesting.........no fender liners really to support the bumper nor structural integrity for the fenders. I guess I'm saying I was shocked as to how @!#$ty that thing is, not to mention the multiple dents! It's hella beater material though I suppose.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:51 PM
I've gone back and forth for a couple weeks now, and I truly want to pursue selling this as I'm at a stand still with the car in general.

What I have-

Easystreet 95-05 Cavalier Sunfire 9-adjustable air-over struts
-front struts/leader hoses/rubber mounts all brand new (over $300 to replace these items)
-rear struts have 1,500 miles on them, I have one brand new rear strut alone I had picked up when I bought the fronts just to have as a spare in case

2 Easystreet 200 PSI dual needle gauges -fitting upgraded to 1/4" quick connects

145-175 PSI Pressure Switch

brand new FBI 5 gallon/8 port aluminum tank (4 1/2" & 1 3/8", 3 1/4" ports)
-paint or powdercoat it, it's raw aluminum right now

brand new Air Zenith 200psi compressor -all silver
-also have AZ 80 amp relay which costed $30 shipped on top of compressor price

brand new black AVS 7 rocker switch box
-7 switch, wire for remote dump

SMC adjustable fill controls (1/2" PTC)
SMC adjustable dump controls (3/8" thread)

Optional parts I have sitting around also brand new-
SMC 3/8" water trap
SMC 3/8" check valve

What's needed-
valves, I had plan on running 2 of the manifold blocks from Easystreet as they'd much nicer/easier to hide/plumb, I was told I could get these at $150/piece, so $300+shipping and they're top of the line

line, I have everything cut for my car, so for someone else's preference I would be happier with them getting new line as it's cheap enough...I also have the SMC air-line cutter I spent $15 on I'll throw in, gauges could also use more line, so 1/2" and 1/4"

I'm sure there's a few fittings I need to order, but nothing much if so.

Brand new fronts/1 extra rear-

Front assembled-

My AZ versus the Viair the Easystreet kit comes with-

Dual needles-

Adj. fill/dump controls, water trap, and leader hose with drain cock-

Tank just mocked up fitting wise-

AZ by itself-

AVS box-

I want $1200 firm for all of it, considering brand new struts would cost that alone, and even after finishing it you'll be under the price of a brand new Easystreet kit with WAY BETTER management. Sorry but shipping won't happen, though willing to meet depending on distance. Price out these items yourself if you can't justify it, I have way more invested unfortunately for me.

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:31 PM
I just want to see that car laying on the ground. That is all.

However, I understand where you are coming from. Good luck with the sale Joe.

Portage, MI

Monday, January 14, 2008 2:56 PM
Hey if that's the case, I'll sell the car on stock suspension with the air-ride thrown in the trunk. Seriously.

Time for something a bit more practical, show car thing isn't me...should've known better. I just can't justify the money left to invest for a car I don't drive too often.

I miss my '01 and the driveability it possessed. Another chapter, more money thrown away, getting old I know................

Monday, January 14, 2008 3:15 PM
i feel ya on the drivability. i have a cav on bags sittin on/in my garage that i drove MAYBE 3 time this year... good luck with the next project Joe!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Monday, January 14, 2008 3:52 PM
Follow your heart, not mind.. Joe. Reaching your dream / vision or save and invest your money. I chose my dream and vision because I had money to dump to reach it cuz I was crazy obsessed. lol. I dont regret spending so much though because I know I am keeping it. You only will live once to do those things. I know where you are coming from being not able to drive it too often. I dont drive my red car too often either. But I will get few things straighten out to make it more reliable this year! thats my goal. Its a nature of modding I guess.. I agree with all what Jason have said, I too have not touched or taken car cover off my car since the day I swapped 17s on there. I have not spent any cents on it yet beside insurance! ahha. It feels good not to think about it for a while. So I can come out fresh in spring time.
So Im just telling you how this works out for me like that. Your heart will always be right!

I seriously would love to see your car tucking on 19s. Its gonna be unbelievable hot!

Good luck bud!

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:05 PM
Sell me the Front Struts! Mine will lay LOWER! I have the OLD AIM struts. I need to replace a bag, so if you're willing to sell the Struts, let me know.

I also would but those injectors from you if you still have them. I finally have a little bit of spending $$ after the holidays.

But if you decide to keep it or not part it out, that's cool.

You see, I DO NOT have a garage, my car is in storage from November til April every year, so I actually miss the hell out of it, I love Driving my blue car, Dumping $$ into it, well.................. It might not be the best investment, but it pays for my hapiness.

Let me know Joe.

Also if you parted out the kit, I know people who need AIR RIDE stuff, and someone else somewhere is bound to need a new rear strut. So parting it out may help you get rid of it quicker.

If you decide to part it out, post a FOR SALE topic on the Desired Image Message Board.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search