should I make the purchase or should I not make the purchase? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
should I make the purchase or should I not make the purchase?
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:40 PM
I found a 2000 Cavalier, red, 2 door, auto tranny, OHV. The car runs and looks good but it needs a head gasket. He only wants $800 for it. I'm thinking about buying it putting a new gasket set on the top end and selling it to get my 03. What do you guys think?

Re: should I make the purchase or should I not make the purchase?
Sunday, November 04, 2007 5:14 PM
I'd buy it in a second and swap an eco it it. You could have a car that will last you 5 years or more for under 1500, that's pretty damn good in my eyes.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, November 04, 2007 6:55 PM
buy it ftw!
Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:01 PM
Buy it fix it and sell it. You could make a grand EASY!

Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:46 PM
I'm gonna give the guy a call tomorrow and set up a time on Thursday to go get it (I get off @ 2 which is early for me ). I'm going to fix the head gasket and then use the cash I get from it to get an 03 that I've had my eye on for a little while.

I would swap an eco in there, but I can't find a good doner car anywhere around me and don't want to piece together a swap.
Monday, November 05, 2007 6:26 AM
Well I called the guy a few minutes ago to tell him that I will be down Thursday to pick the car up. He sold the damn thing.... I talked to him on Friday and told him that I would get back to him on Monday and he said that he would hold it for me. Oh well first come first serve.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search