IN/KY/OH Tristate area: local yards? - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IN/KY/OH Tristate area: local yards?
Monday, August 07, 2006 12:01 PM
well im back home and searching for a 99 gt style front bumper. I dont know of too many junkyards around here so if you can give me the address or at least the name of some good ones that you've gone to that would be awesome?
I've been trying to find Bessler's? junkyard around Florence, KY?? i think i may have the name a bit wrong tho.. anywho, THANKS FOR HELPING!!

Re: IN/KY/OH Tristate area: local yards?
Monday, August 07, 2006 1:49 PM
jason im going to the one in amboy tomma.. ill get u pics.. does the gt bumper need to be white? cuz i might be able to find u one non white in good condition..

Monday, August 07, 2006 3:32 PM
eeehhh it doesnt HAVE TO BE white... but if i can find a white one (that doesnt need painting) it would just save me that much more money and trouble.
When you go to the yard see how much they're asking and if they would take anything for my front bumper. thanks a ton man!

but anyone have info on junkyards around the tristate area?
THANKS

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:44 PM
If you are looking for the 95-99 GT bumper I would just get a new one off Ebay for about 100 shipped to your door. It wouldn't be worth it unless you find a white one. If you are looking for the GT ones with fogs that is 00-02 just FYI cause a few weeks ago I forgot it changed in 00, but the clear turns where in 99.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:57 AM
Besslers u pull and save
859-586-6877
2412 Petersburg road
Hebron, Ky 41048

Right off the Hebron 237 exit on 275.

They have a few sunfires out there. Don't bother calling and asking them if they have a bumper because they won't know. They just keep an inventory of the vehicles, not what's still on em. So you'll just have to go out there. It's the best and cheapest junkyard I have ever been to....
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:26 AM
hey manta if you hit the yards and find a headliner with a sunroof or the front clear foglights off to replace my round amber ones in the front, buy them and i'll come pick them up from you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:40 AM
^^ will do, i know there is a gt bumper with the clear signals. and i know they have some headliners. when u gonna pick em up? and do u need the sunroof slide part? cuz i dont know how that comes out

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:00 AM
Rob has stock in besslers by now!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:01 AM
Manta: if you find him a headliner he or I can tell ya how to get the sliding part out, its really easy!! just PM me or whatever...
if the GT bumper that you find the clears in is in good condition and not an arm and leg, i have bids on both! maybe i'll sell the clears to jason for double or triple then order new ones! hahahah j/k jason (about the selling part HA)

hopefully i'll be able to make it to besselers today!! thanks a ton for the addy!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:15 AM
i got a 95 gt bumper if u want it
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:50 AM
shape/condition, color, pics, price, location??

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:33 AM
well jason i got the pic like i said.. but when i asked how much they said they are 150-200!!! u can find cheaper.. but here are the pics.. the white one with the crack in it i think i could prolly ask and say "condition dont care i just need a temp bumper.. how much since its damaged?" and if they say like 50 or so.. i know i can fix the crack.. ud just have to repaint it.. but u might be able to get it cheaper from irssunsittinlow or something..sorry man

here is the one scuffed up and with the crack.. if u have no luck anywhere with a bumper this could be the more possibility.. i'd just have to fix it for ya and then ud have to repaint it

and here was the one that looked to be in the best shape out of all of them..just not white..

as for the other jason(sndsgood).. i got ur headliner.. the sliding part was a bitch.. i hope it was just me pullin it out wrong. but i even got the visors, dome light cover and switch.. now heres the thing tho.. since ur just going to wrap them.. would u be up to trade Jeff(karnage).. he has the beige ones with sunroof slider also in beige.. and he is interested in the graphite.. so he said if ud be alright with doing that let him know and then u 2 can get it figured out how ur going to do it..only cost me $30 to get the headliner. and i got 2 sets of clear turnsignals.. one set needs some care.. its just kinda hazy.. but since you asked first ill give u dibs on which set u want..just lemme know when u wanna come pick em up and pay me back.. Jason(godspeed) you can have the other set if u want.. if he takes the better ones there is nothing wrong with the other set other then they have like the filth film or w/e on em.. i know at AutoZone they make stuff just for plastic lenses to buff and polish em.. runs bout 10 bucks so they could be revived if u really wanted.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:31 PM
def want the lenses. think that will really finish off the front end. as far as the headliner. i'll take karnage's as long as it will fit color doesnt matter because it will be wrapped. if you dont need the visors i'd like those as well, or karnages old visors.

i guess i'll get with you about picking them up. maybe saturday morning? i'll just pick everything up then i can meet karnage sometime later and swap with him. i dont think i have the time to get the headliner wrapped and in before itb so its not a huge rush. but i do want to get the clear turn signals in. ive been wanting them forever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:41 PM
i think i can do saturday.. supposed to go out to the house in ft wayne but ill just stay here till sat night or something. Anytime saturday works for me.. friday im driving north a bit to get a Type j front for a friend so i cant do it then.. but if u want to do it saturday thats fine. Im sure jeff will swap u everything(visors,slider,and headliner) so he can have all graphite.

you got aim or msn messanger? i didnt see anything in ur reg so if u do and dont want people to know u can just pm me it so we can talk about u pickin em up.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:17 PM
great condition red $40 elyria, ohio
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:55 PM
it would be in the morning saturday because have a wedding in columbus ohio later that day like maybe around 8 or 9 if thats cool. just pm me directions if u dont mind. and if thats to early just let me know what time is good.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:14 PM
8s cool im a morning person.. get up at 6-6:30 everyday for no reason lmao.... u got a pm tho

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:40 PM
Manta: thanks a lot for the pics man! yeah, the price is TOO HIGH...ebay has one cheaper.
one more thing.... can you check on a passenger headlight? i just picked one up for 30bucks today and already broke the height adjustment bolt... (dont know my own strength apparently haha) tomorrow im goign to try to see if i cant insert a bolt that will sit underneath the headlight and just use that to adjust the heigth.

irssunsittinlow:
do you HAVE to be located in the upper most farthest away corner of OHIO????? its a 5hr drive for me and almost 300 miles... thats a tank of gas one way.... how far will you be willing to drive to meet? or do you know of any cheap ways to ship it?
also, i would love to see pics before i think about making any road trip.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:36 AM
Jason, if you come to Ky to go to besslers, you gotta give me a call! I haven't seen you since the Bash last year...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:01 AM
jason, i have a spare headlght i think, not sure wich side it is, i havnt seen in in a year or two lol i'll try and find it.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:13 AM
u could get a headlight new aftermarket on ebay proly bout same price their gonna charge..

irssunsittinlow:
go to www.dhl.com and do a price quote to get it shipped.. to get my z24 bumper shipped to MD it was only like 58 bucks with insurance and them picking it up at my house.. so it shouldnt be anymore and maybe less.. .. might kinda seem expensive jason but if u think about it..itll be atleast 40bucks(@ $3/g) for gas to drive there.. and another 40 to drive back..

man i miss the days of 99cent gas

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:17 PM
Besslers is only 5-10 Minutes from the Laweranceburg IN Border

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:19 PM
godspeed whats ur area code
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:05 PM
im going to a junk yard tomorrow, actually 2.....let me know if i can find anything for anyone...PM me.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:36 PM
irssunsittinlow: zip code= 47018

stenger: 5 minutes? holy cow! how fast are you driving!? hahah its prolly 10mins or so, but the Lburg border is 40-45 mins away from me... lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search