whare are the lima js - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whare are the lima js
Friday, July 21, 2006 8:28 PM
just like it says i just moved to lima and was wondering whare all the lima js are and wanted to see if we could get a meet goin

Re: whare are the lima js
Friday, July 21, 2006 11:22 PM
we do need to get a meet going sometime soon, don't we? hmmm, Possibly in the next few weeks in Van Buren me thinks. A cookout of sorts?

Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:07 AM
now that sounds good ...... so lets get a rollcall goin whos in .......
1. me
2. hotbug......(i assume)

hotbug did i hear that you were doing a 2.2/2200 build ......

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:44 AM
I'll show up, considering that not everyone decides to change minds this time. Hopefully overtime is over with at work for everyone. I know that was getting to be a huge problem for you Andy. I know I was working quite a bit of it too.

Hotbug has done the 2.3HO swap, and is building that.
I was doing a 2.2 build and it was pretty decent, then I blew the motor. So now I swapped as well, and am going to have to procede farther with a 3400 build.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:18 PM
Yup, a 2.3L stroked and supercharged (at tax time or when I finally get caught up from nagging hospital bills LOL)

Got the block torn down and cleaned/inspected, got the supercharger and just about all the goodies waiting, and got the boost bug bad.

I'm in, we just need a weekend, name it and I'll tell my stupid boss to shove it. they have irked me with the way they have been treating the veteran machining people. I'll not get into here.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 8:22 PM
sounds cool
um how much time do you need and ware do ya wana meet

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:14 PM
are you talking lima ohio? b/c im from MI but was in Lima 2weeks ago for business and was wondering if they were any jbodies there
Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:38 PM
I live about 45 minutes north of Lima. But yeah. It's Lima, OH.

Iunno, Where you think we should/could have a meet, Andy?

Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:20 AM
I liked Van Buren, It was kinda peaceful....well, until we showed up.

I gotta watch what towns I drive through, what with basically no exhaust and the worlds loudest intake above 3K.

VB is just off 75 so that would be an easy place to find. Problem is making sure theres a place open to park and eat. (you are volunteered Jason)

We should get a big event going, and see if the rangers get pissy. charge like a dollar or two to cover shelter, depending on who shows, and have a kinda unofficial car show in the park

In fact, lets call it "Not Really a Car Show, Just a Local Drivers Gathering"

The car is real rough (a little rusty, but I'm starting to fix that), times are tough right now with gas and bills. So work on the Sunfire is at a stand still. Its "keep it running" mode right now.

Kinda sucks going into the garage and looking at all the go fast goodies sitting there, waiting for the last few parts to make it happen. Then looking at the motor on the stand, and hoping that I'll have the funds soon to ship her off for the work that she needs to make the magic happen.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 2:30 PM
In that case, I'll have to go scope out the park again. I'll try to go see what the east side of the park looks like I know there's a fairly open parking area (which is probably good) and will have to see what there is around for shelter and cooking and such. I'll also have to get directions there. It's easy to get to the park from I-75. But to get to the east side you can drive through the entire park, which I believe has some speed bumps (may not be good if anyone shows with a lowered car) So i'll just go get directions to go around the park and enter directly on the east side. Another thing, on the east side there's some water, and of course the trees, that may make for some decent picture taking. Maybe I can snap some pictures while i'm there so you can see what i'm talking about.

There is a park in Findlay that I will check out also. Its kinda on the SouthWest side (pretty much opposite of where we tried before) I think it's got a decent sized parking area, and that's not too far from anywhere for cooking/hanging out. I'll go check that out too. Downside is, that it's not as easy to get to.

We'll have to get together a list of people to show up. You know what my rules on things are as far as what kinda cars show up. The more the merrier. It would probably help if people could donate a couple bucks too, if I end up going and reserving somewhere. So I guess, get some people around and see what a general consensus is on when to have it.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:09 PM
I'll post on on all my forums I belong to.

I'll direct them to the DEA site? At least there we can keep the post on topic and clean up any loose ends LOL

Monday, July 24, 2006 1:22 AM
Yeah.... and not run out of posts.

Think I should set the board to allow "Guest" posts for a while?

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:29 AM
im not far from lima, im in sebring, right by alliance/salem/canton/bordman area. so maybe if you let me know ill meet up.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Monday, July 24, 2006 7:54 AM
this sounds promising
i cant wait
just try to give me like a week adn a half or poss two weeks so i can get off work

Monday, July 24, 2006 9:45 AM
im from van wert

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Monday, July 24, 2006 11:30 AM
ok then, the 19th of August. at let's say 2pm. That gives like a month for everyone to find something else to do LOL

Van Buren Lake State Park.

From the North (Toledo, BG, Turnpike) - I-75 South to exit 164 (I think) or the Van Buren Exit. Head EAST through Van Buren, to Township Road 218. There Should be signs to direct you.

From the South (Lima and beyond) - I-75 North to exit 164, Head EAST through Van Buren to township Road 218. There should be signs to direct you.

Jason, I'll get with you at like 1:30 that day so we can help get people to our shelter (whatever one we claim LOL).

I guess this weekend I'll glass the hood and the wing and start my new "primer" look

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:07 PM
Ok, I have work for now through thursday. So, I'll get out there hopefully friday, and check things out. And see what looks promising. Probably should get a list of people around, see who plans on showing up. Would also help if everyone brought a little something too. I can swing by Gordons again and buy burgers and stuff in bulk. (ill try not to get the same as last time, those were kinda thin)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:03 AM
Posted and sent emails to all LOL

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:17 PM
http://deaclub.forumsplace.com/message64.html

^ Message board is SLOWWWWW.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:05 PM
I'm in! I'm right between Findlay and Lima. Hopefully we will get a good turnout.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:53 PM
woodward is that weekend...I'm out

Just kidding...We'll just have to be the cruise that isn't so much a dream I guess. Oh well, it will be less crowded and a nicer time where we are going. Only not so good thing...no swimming that I can see, but oh well. Camping is $16 for primitive sites (real primitive)

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:40 AM
Well, if we need to move it back a bit, that's fine. If it'll help get people to show up.

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:21 AM
ok but remember...it will start to get cold a few months after that.

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:47 AM
I said 'a bit' not an eternity.

Monday, July 31, 2006 1:16 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=50474&t=50474

theres the JBO link, for those who are interested. I can get either dogs/buns, or hamburgers/buns.

I might be able to fit charcoal and fluid in the trunk as well.

If it isn't hotter than hell, maybe this weekend I can finally fiberglass the hood, wing, and do some minor dent repairs on the doors/fenders. The car WILL be at LEAST three colors (purple, black, and gray primer/sealer) but it may be smoother than before.

I may also get to start on the cosmetics of the stereo, instead of having wires everywhere.

I'd like to put in the new injectors and get some of my other motor goodies on, but I dont want to rush things and mess something up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search