Problem with 2003 Cavi Muffler.... - Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with 2003 Cavi Muffler....
Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:05 PM
My muffler is loose and shakey. everytime I start up the ignition or switch gears, it rattles like crazy. I looked underneath and saw that there is a piece missing from the mount...Im not sure what it is ...but I took a picture...

I looked under a 2001 cavalier and I saw that in the same spot that I took this picture, on the 01 cavi, their was this big rubber looking bracket....does anyone know if Im supposed to have one on mine??? and If so, how much do they cost??

any help is appreciated

Re: Problem with 2003 Cavi Muffler....
Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:18 PM
there should be a piece of rubber in there. Best bet (and cheapest) would be to get a new hanger at a junk yard.

It's odd that yours is missing, did you have some sort of work done under there?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 5:22 PM
Nah...I didnt have any work done on it...But I live in Cleveland...and we have some bumpy roads...and a lot of road work is going on right now....Is it possible that It fell off when a pot hole was hit?? and do you know what the actual name of the hardware im lookin for is...so I can price it?
Sunday, June 25, 2006 6:33 PM
That is the rear hanger for the exhaust right before the muffer. I just bought the one in front of that for like 5 bucks, but that was a GM price. Just call up a GM dealership, ask for parts, and then see if the rubber on the rear/last hanger can come by itself. If not you will just have to order the hanger. It should come with the new rubber hanger. Also when you put it on bend up that part at the end to hold it on. If you still have under 36,000 miles or under 3 years since you bought it it would be free if you took it in, but if not do it yourself and save the labor of doing it.

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:20 AM
thanks...Im gonna go look for one in the morning. I appreciate it!!!!
Monday, June 26, 2006 1:33 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search