Chicago area - Need Cavi Hood and front bumper - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chicago area - Need Cavi Hood and front bumper
Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:45 PM
Hey guys im a newbie here. My sister has an 02 Cavi LS and some one backed up into her with a trailer hitch and tore up her bumper and hood real good.

So what im lm looking for is PREFERABLY a Silver hood and front bumper cover

Also does the Z front bumper and hood bolt right into place? If so i wouldnt mind getting that instead to upgrade.

I know certifit sells these parts for dirt cheap but i really would like to find one thats already painted silver, so if anyone is upgrading to a body kit or soemthing let me know!!!

Like i said looking for someone in the chicagoland area.

Thanks,
Mark

abratanski@msn.com

Re: Chicago area - Need Cavi Hood and front bumper
Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:13 PM
Curtis has one with a decent key mark in it. if you are interested.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:36 PM
Quote:

02 Cavi LS

Read a little more closely next time there Vin.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:20 PM
mark abratanski wrote:
So what im lm looking for is PREFERABLY a Silver hood

Sunday, December 09, 2007 8:25 PM
Vince his lil sis's car is an 02, the hood I have is for an 03-05. -spoken very slowly and clearly-

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Sunday, December 09, 2007 9:44 PM
There is no diference in how the hoods and bumpers mount depending on model with the 2002 cavy. They all mount exactly the same.

The only diference between the ls hood and the z24 hood would be the color and size of the bowtie emblem. The ls hood she has will have a blue bowtie emblem a z24/ls sport hood will have a redemblem with a black outline that is just slightly larger than the blue ls emblem. They are all just mounted with adhesive The ls sport and z24 bumpers and hoods are identical. The z24 or ls sport bumper may not look right if they have the cutout for the fog lights and no fog lights in the cutout. You could always buy the z24 /ls sport fog lights just for looks. Alot of times the z24/ls sport bumpers get sold with the foglights in them. There are a few z24/ls sport bumpers that did not come with the fog lights. One of those would look just fine.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:15 PM
I've got a hood from my 2000 Cav LS. Emblem is removed, but the hood is black too. Even if your sisters car was black, it would still need paint... due to some 'home-brew' repair I tried to do about 4-5 years ago. No dents in it, just 'foggy' in the driver corner by the windshield. The repair I tried to do was hail 'damage' - which turned out to just be in the clearcoat, not the metal :doh: Bumper is longgg gone tho.

I'm in Huntley, but drive all over Chicagoland for work (from Rockford, to McHenry, to Aurora, to Calumet City) . If I get a truck/SUV soon, I could prolly bring the hood to you if you so choose.

--- --- ---
Why the F&CK did I buy a POS new 07 Hyundai Elantra?!
I shoulda kept the 02 Ranger 4x4 - comfort is better than MPG's

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:15 PM
How much you asking for it? Like i said im trying to find something already silver so i dont have to spend the money to get it painted.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:19 PM
I dunno, I suppose $30. Problem is, I never know what town I'm going to until the day of, I don't know ahead of time. Where are you at anyway? I could maybe have my roommate paint it, but he works out of his uncles garage which is a good 30-40 minutes away from here, and he doesn't go there much... Depending on the price of paint n all that, I would maybe have to go a lil higher in price. I'd have to ask him about how much it would cost to paint for you.

--- --- ---

Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:41 PM
Do you have any pics i can see. im in NW chicago, near o'hare
Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:38 PM
Damn, too bad I didn't leave it at my parents house when I moved. They're in Des Plaines, lol. I can try to get some pics tomorrow before I leave for work. It has the latch, but the hinges were used for the 03-05 conversion.

--- --- ---

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:08 AM
Ask, and ye shall receive (even on such a frigid morning...)

I did notice that there are some thin, shallow scratches from moving. A repaint to silver would fix everything tho. They're thumbnails BTW, click'em for the big'uns

--- --- ---

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:00 PM
that doesnt look to bad. you think youd be able to drop it off? i live off the intersections of austin/higgins its about a mile east of harlem
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 9:17 PM
Yea, not sure when yet tho. I bought a Cherokee yesterday, but it needs some work to make it safe & legal to drive. I'm hoping to get it done before too much more snow comes, so I might be able to bring it down with-in the year.

--- --- ---

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:24 AM
eh not really in a rush anyways so its all good. i wont put the hood on till spring anyways.

still need a bumper though. theres gota be someone!
Saturday, December 22, 2007 4:02 PM
I have a Silver 2000 hood.........

I am located in Litchfield, IL., 40 miles south of Sprigfield. Asking $75. Let me know.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:34 PM
damn that's to far of a drive for me. you wouldnt be coming up to chicago anytime would you?
Monday, December 24, 2007 12:47 PM
LoL! Hell it's only a 4 hour drive. Although I made it in 3 1/2 hours one time.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:24 PM
to the top!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search