Guess the new car... - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Guess the new car...
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 12:22 AM
2.0L VVT with 5 spd manual transmission. 2007 and 'only' 118 miles at purchase (now like 125ish). $15K before the $1K rebate. Power locks, windows, power/heated mirrors, XM, AM/FM/CD, sedan "Carbon Gray" (that prolly couldn't make it any easier to search for), 4 wheel disc ABS & independent suspension.

Give up??

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS. I know, not exactly 'sport-enthuiast' but its got some damned good acceleration & handling for a semi-base Hyundai. And at 28 & 36, it's got WAY better EPA estimates than my old 02 Ranger Edge 4.0L auto, lol. And with the 4 wheel independent suspension, ABS/quad-discs, it wouldn't take too much work to turn into an Auto-X competitor. If so wanted, anyway. For now, it'll remain fairly stock so I can re-coup from the down-payment - which I've only paid 1/3 of so far Pictures will prolly come tomorrow, I sat at the stealership for 5 hours this evening waiting on numbers & paper-work - first for an 03 Tibby GT 6-spd that was traded in 10-15 mins before I got there (they ended up wanting $12555 with a ruined back bumper and 51.6K miles) and then the 07 Elantra. Long effin' day - recovered by going to the bar with a couple friends

Re: Guess the new car...
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 4:56 AM
Dunno Paul, you can get kinda crazy with those elantras

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:06 PM
Wow, I typed that crap pretty good last night. I remember it took me forever b/c I was just a 'lil' inebriated, lol.

Pics:

One of the first mods will be tinted windows. And that trunk is just begging for some bump - although its got a surprising amount of bass even stock, enough to shake the mirror pretty damned well.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:47 PM
By lil you mean extremely don't you.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 6:51 PM
LOL $15K is what I still owe on the SRT. I got ass raped...

Thursday, August 02, 2007 8:07 AM
paul do this one up right.

Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:41 AM
Skunk v.2K4 wrote:By lil you mean extremely don't you.

Me?? Never!! Hahaha

Ouch Jose, I thought I got it bad on the truck - but I guess they at least used lube for me, sounds like you're dry lol

Jeremy, I'll try All I'm really planning on is tint, bass (the twin Alpine Type-R 12's that I never put into the truck), and maybe rims some day. I just want something that looks good and won't get me in trouble with the po-po (aside from the tint, anyway)
Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:41 PM
i said i was only tint, sounds and rims my scion...... yeah that lasted a whole 3 months

now my basement looks like darkstars living room with parts i have to install.

about 5 grand worth of stuff

Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:16 PM
ur nuts for wanting that thing Paul, haha damn korean piece of.........so anyways haha and Jeremy get on installing that stuff asshat!!

Thursday, August 02, 2007 11:33 PM
Meh, its cheap & economical, and then there's the warranties (yall have seen the commercials, I don't need to repeat them, hah).

Now that I own it, I've been reading up on them in Hyundai & Elantra forums, seems like there's some stuff that needs to be replaced to make them handle better and all - IE adj upper control arms in rear. Apparently the camber was set at max when unloaded - put a driver in the car, and the alignment goes to hell And the only way to fix it is to make (since there's none produced yet) or modify other adjustable upper control arms. So I guess my list is already bigger - and it's been only two days instead of three months
Friday, August 03, 2007 6:35 AM
yeah i know i gotta get rolling on it.... No time. My work life is getting rocky so i don't know if i am going to work there much longer so i might have to sell some stuff to keep up with my bills. Deck, rear speakers, injen cold air, and light weight pulley are on. I am actually shocked by the improvement those two actually mad. That motor really responds good to mods.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search