Good engine builder near Chicago?? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good engine builder near Chicago??
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:57 PM
As some may know I started buying parts for the engine build, so far I order Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ARP head studs, MLS head gasket.. I'm looking for a good shop to take the motor to and have the block machined, bored ect, nuetral balance shafts, balance the whole rotating assembly, balance the flywheel to the pressure plate, etc.. Also do the head... I'm gonna have it ported and polished, valve guides, bigger valve with a multi angle seat etc... (although I'm not a fan of Patriot in general there j-body stuff has been reliable up to this point so I may just go with a stage 2 head becasue its quick and easy.... Ryne that means you)

I'm not looking for someone to just stright up asemble it, if thats the case I would do it myself, I want everything gone over, clearances measured, ring gaps properly measured and filed etc..

Re: Good engine builder near Chicago??
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:47 PM
Shoot me an IM. I'll connect you with someone.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:29 PM
PER in plainfield

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:29 PM
I had Borowski's in Joliet (technically Rockdale) bore and clean my block, turn the crank and balance the rotating assembly...but I'm sure there are plenty of places closer to Chicago.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search