September Illinois Js meet - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
September Illinois Js meet
Monday, July 31, 2006 7:35 PM
Okay guys, let's start throwing around dates, places, ideas, etc. for a September meet and hopefully this time we'll have more than four people show up .

Re: September Illinois Js meet
Monday, July 31, 2006 8:56 PM
im there and shawn is too

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:31 PM
kurt johnson wrote:im there and shawn is too

I figured as much.

Just don't bring any girlfriends or other people who whine more than John's supercharger .

Any ideas for location, date, etc.?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:28 AM
dates sept 16 or 17th or 23 or 24th sat or sun. Loc doesnt really matter to me where ever we can get the most people to come out to.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:59 AM
E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:dates sept 16 or 17th or 23 or 24th sat or sun. Loc doesnt really matter to me where ever we can get the most people to come out to.

I was thinking this time maybe we should have it in Yorkville. There are three JBO members who live in Yorkville and then I live fifteen minutes west of Yorkville. Also, if we have the meet up here there might be a few people from Chicago who would come as opposed to if we have it down south again.

Let's hear some more opinions people.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:38 AM
let me know where and i will let you know if i can. I live in the NW subs of chicago, so i think i can attend
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:09 AM
I hope I can maybe attend this, dont know how far im willing to drive though lol

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:53 PM
Poolhall Junkie wrote:let me know where and i will let you know if i can. I live in the NW subs of chicago, so i think i can attend

Sounds good. It's always nice to meet new J-Body owners. So, what kind of J do you have?

Sdwndr2 wrote:I hope I can maybe attend this, dont know how far im willing to drive though lol

You better be there . We'll have to make it on a Sunday so you won't get called in to work. The location is still negotiable, but no one's really negotiating yet .

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:05 AM
HRC is my vote for location! That or a racetrack. Not willing to drive very far while paying $3.50 a gallon anymore.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:35 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:HRC is my vote for location! That or a racetrack. Not willing to drive very far while paying $3.50 a gallon anymore.

Hahn would definitely be cool, but I doubt that would even be possible.

I hear ya about gas prices that's why I'm hoping for once a few people will drive up this way instead of me and the other three local members having to drive south. So far, no one seems too interested though .

Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:13 AM
im game for whatever.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:28 AM
hopefully ill have money and not have to work this time, sorry aboot last time, but also, when's the fair? i suggest not doing it then, unless you like traffic.

http://irockit.deviantart.com/
Friday, August 04, 2006 5:20 AM
Ryne see if u can talk Bill into maybe doing a dyno day at Hahn i think that might spark some interest if that was an option. I'll drive any distance to the meet

Jay maybe we could do a peoria meet in Oct and get some 0f the St. Louis peps to come up again.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Friday, August 04, 2006 8:14 AM
The dyno isn't at HRC anymore. Hasn't been in over a year. It's now over in Joliet at the shop of the guy who owns it. I'll talk to bill though...seems like a good plan to me.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:47 PM
Brandon C. wrote:im game for whatever.

Good to know!

TechnoKid wrote:hopefully ill have money and not have to work this time, sorry aboot last time, but also, when's the fair? i suggest not doing it then, unless you like traffic.

excuses, excuses. Just kidding Nick. You could have at least emailed me back, geez .

The Fair is September 6-10. So, perhaps the 17 or the 24 would be our best bet.

On a side note, Joe has had really bad luck with his car lately. A couple weeks ago he called and left me a voicemail saying the car wouldn't start so Rachael wasn't going to be able to drive it down to the meet in Champaign. I tried calling him back but couldn't get a hold of him. Then last weekend he was in Champaign for firefighter training. He came home on Sunday evening and someone had broken into the car and stole all his stereo equipment and CDs. Then Monday he was taking the car to the shop to get it fixed and a stray wire from his amp caught his back seat on fire. I haven't talked to him, but talk about bad luck.

Nick, call me and let me know when you work so we can setup another Jewel meet . Good times, good times!

E-RACER-05 (RADIO WAVE DAVE) wrote:Ryne see if u can talk Bill into maybe doing a dyno day at Hahn i think that might spark some interest if that was an option. I'll drive any distance to the meet

Jay maybe we could do a peoria meet in Oct and get some 0f the St. Louis peps to come up again.

Personally, a dyno day for me wouldn't be a big deal because I have no reason to dyno my car.

I like the idea of another meet in Peoria since we had such a good turnout back in April.

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:The dyno isn't at HRC anymore. Hasn't been in over a year. It's now over in Joliet at the shop of the guy who owns it. I'll talk to bill though...seems like a good plan to me.

I hate to be a party pooper, but I won't be there if there ends up being a dyno day. Like I said above, I have no reason to dyno my car.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:07 PM
Sdwndr2 wrote:I hope I can maybe attend this, dont know how far im willing to drive though lol

hey i would meet up with you and caravan up
you could join my lil group along with anybody else from this particular area

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:43 PM
Even if it ends up being at a dyno place you can still show up. People who want to dyno can and everyone can grill and eat and chat. Fun times.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:41 AM
NEW MOD:
2 LED clusters for my dome light

im putting 2 more in soon
pictures soon!

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:28 PM
lets do it on the 16th because its my last day of freedom
Friday, August 18, 2006 2:01 PM
whitie365 wrote:lets do it on the 16th because its my last day of freedom

Sounds good. Now we just need to decide on a location...

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:43 AM
well let me know when you guys and gals find a location

Saturday, August 19, 2006 9:48 AM
hells ya

Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:30 AM
Hey Kurt, any chance you'd want to go to the Wisconsin J Tuners meet on September 17 near Milwaukee? It's a 2 and a half hour drive from my house, not sure how far that makes it for you, but I just figured I'd ask and see if you interested. Let me know.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search