Anyone been able to get ahold of Karo?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone been able to get ahold of Karo??
Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:01 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone knows if something is up at AllEcotec.com

Ordered a head gasket (last thing the rebuild is waiting on) a week ago and my CC still hasn't been charged!?

Kinda need the gasket to get this car going as my only other mode of transportation has lost compression on 2 cylinders and is next on the chopping block....don't wanna get stranded

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....

Re: Anyone been able to get ahold of Karo??
Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:14 PM
He seems to be a very busy guy. I had three weeks+? For my motor mounts. Pm him on here and then email him off his website. It's the best way I got him. He more then likely might even get on this thread. He's a great guy. Just takes him a minute.
Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:01 PM
Karo's service has slowed down a lot, at the begining of march end of feb I placed ad order for items and It took 3 weeks before anything got there, I cancelled my arp head studs from him at that time and am still waitin on a refund for the head studs and hven't received word on what the deal is.....I honestly don't feel comfortable ordering from car customs or all ecotec anymore. Hope things work ou for you.

In the genral for if you do a simple search others are having simular experiences, thought eventually things get resolved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:52 PM

Friday, June 01, 2012 8:51 AM
Just as a note, if you ordered a Cometic gasket, they are made to order and usually take 2-3 weeks. Karo also typically doesnt charge the card until he ships the order.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, June 01, 2012 2:09 PM
Hey JUCNBST check my classified add..Arp head studs for Ecotec if you still need?? Sorry for the thread jack!! Hope you get your ish soon...
Friday, June 01, 2012 10:08 PM
Karo responded to my email and will be getting a refund via paypal.

Chip- thanks but I've lready had some from TTR for a while. Gl with the sale.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:35 AM
Karo sent me an email stating they will be shipped out overnight at no extra charge.
That's customer service there.
Thanks again Karo

2.2 L Ecotec, P&P Head, Stage 3 Comp Cams, Supertech 76 lb Spring kit, Supertech Oversized Valves, Wiseco 8.9:1 CR Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Home-Built Turbo Kit T3/T4 57 Trim Intercooled, 78 lb/hr Racetronix Hi-Z injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Racetronix f body fuel pump,MEGASQUIRT MS3 + MS3X Finally street tuned on 21 lbs! Now if only I could get it to hook....
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:17 PM
I always order from Karo or Aaron, both are great guys.

I dont know how many times I've ordered from Karo, and had parts in hand, before he's even sent me a bill! lol

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:40 PM
although he may eventually take care of all of his customers, i've seen too many of these threads where someone orders a part from him off his website and then gets no response for weeks. and the reply they get is "well email him and he'll respond eventually". if he's had issues responding with customers on his site like that for so long why hasn't he fixed it yet?

customer service like that is not good enough for me and is the main reason whenever i needed parts i only went with Aaron at TTR. the customer service there has always been above and beyond.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:51 PM
Finally got my refund for the head studs 2 days ago. Karo eventually follows through but I'm with Blucavvy you shouldn't have to wait weeks and contact the seller to see what's going on. Back in the day when I had my ln2 cav like 5yrs ago Karo's shipping was crazy fast and excellent communitcation. But I won't be dealing with him any longer.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:51 PM
blucavvy wrote:although he may eventually take care of all of his customers, i've seen too many of these threads where someone orders a part from him off his website and then gets no response for weeks. and the reply they get is "well email him and he'll respond eventually". if he's had issues responding with customers on his site like that for so long why hasn't he fixed it yet?

customer service like that is not good enough for me and is the main reason whenever i needed parts i only went with Aaron at TTR. the customer service there has always been above and beyond.

Thanks Jay, and those who support TTR!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!

Friday, September 14, 2012 10:42 AM
Bring this back. Ive been trying to get ahold of him for over a month. Im in need of 2 exhaust and 2 intake oversized eco valves. Got back to me in an email, but then stopped replying and havent heard from him since. This is the last piece to my build and i need to get this head into the machine shop.

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:02 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

I dont know how many times I've ordered from Karo, and had parts in hand, before he's even sent me a bill! lol

X4

Maybe he just likes us?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:38 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:

X4

Maybe he just likes us?

Chris
x5

Friday, September 14, 2012 5:21 PM
Why go through Karo then?

I mean, I haven't had an issue with his service.
But lets be honest there are other avenues for parts.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:18 AM
Unfortunately this is the case.

I know he was a well known member and always great on service.

But years ago I bought all my mounts from him and it was a pita say the least. I had to pester him to get me the parts. I got a free t-shirt out of the deal but still.

The only thing I do really like about him is he does offer up free shipping which is great.
Saturday, September 15, 2012 7:38 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:Why go through Karo then?

Well i would if i could. But im running his oversized valves and need 4 replacements.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 5:10 PM
Aren't Karo's valves from "SI Valves"?

Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:13 PM
Couldnt you just put supertechs in?

They make +1 valves. Its what I run.

Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:18 AM
TheDark1 wrote:
blackbirdracing wrote:Why go through Karo then?

Well i would if i could. But im running his oversized valves and need 4 replacements.

Karo's valves are on backorder from the manufacturer for a couple more months from what he told me. He said it's been about 8 months since he was able to order any.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search