2.4 exhaust option - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
2.4 exhaust option
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:56 AM
so i was looking on craigslist the other day and i came across this... http://muskegon.craigslist.org/pts/1546497833.html . i emailed the guy and he said that the cat back borla exhaust is for his 2.2 Well my thought is is the exhaust worth putting on my 2.4 cavi? he wants $180 for it. he said he will get pics for me soon. what do you guys think?

Re: 2.4 exhaust option
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:54 AM
any catback will work on any 3rd gen car. the catback is not engine specific.

and yes, it would help the LD9 breathe. unsure on size, id assume 2 1/4".

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 8:00 AM
does anybody have an exhaust clip of a 2.4 with a borla exhaust? i kinda want to know what they sound like before i buy it.
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 8:10 AM
I thought the Borla catback was actually 2" and not 2.25". Check out youtube for vids, I'm sure there has to be something on there.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:29 PM
^^^ honestly man, why would BORLA even bother with a 2" system? isnt stock 2"?

only one i have ever heard was on a turbo car. it sounded amazing.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:01 PM
yeah if that borla exhaust was only 2" it'd be like sticking a fart can on the car, only it'd sound better

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:03 PM
I had a borla kit on my 2000 sunfire GT 2.4L Sounded real mellow, but a nice tone. Not overly agressive. I have the catback piping kit, resonator and such made by borla. No mufflers. I'd like to sell. Interested?
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:10 PM
Please use the classified system to sell parts. Do not bump two year old threads.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search