northstar V8 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
northstar V8
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:07 PM
I have just bought a very very nice 2000 cavalier 4 cyl auto and a was nice 1999 caddy that has been smashed in the rear it has the northstar motor I would like to know if anybody has put a northstar in a cavy before any forums??
please let me know

get rich or go for broke

Re: northstar V8
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:12 PM
Yep

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:18 PM
yep. been done. not for the faint of heart.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:22 PM
Dont even THINK about it...

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:36 PM
Search man. VERY easy and quick.

First link I found.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:15 PM
has anyone thought about the 5.3 litre from the pontiac gxp line? since it front wheel drive could it too be possible? that would be way better then the northstar motor, lol

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:21 PM
Sure people have thought about the LS4, but no one so far has the balls.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:07 PM
Tinkles wrote:Sure people have thought about the LS4, but no one so far has the balls.

I was actually thinking about it a few minutes ago before I saw this thread lmao... the thought crosses my mind from time to time, and I ponder whether or not to attempt it. If I had deeper pockets I'd definitely do it.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:19 AM
I gots the balls... Donates the moneysss and ill makes it happens

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:42 AM
Drop off your choice of car, your choice of engine, and my choice of cash and it (or almost anything) can be done......

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:29 PM
ok but i was serious, would it fit as well as the northstar or is there a lot more modifation to be done? anyone know?

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:48 PM
Kinda irrelevant.

Once you get into something like that, you will have to custom build almost everything either way

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:16 PM
man my brother has the GXP and that car has got some @!#$ balls!! in a cavalier!! thats just nuckin futs!

"its not about the money, its about what you stand for"
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:53 PM
Thanks for the info. See its already been done and better then I could do. North star for sale any dibs have whole car
can drive 2000.00 us. need to fund my 4.3 V6 dream now.

get rich or go for broke
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:43 PM
there is no FWD 4.3. not sure how you're going to do that one. . . .

Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:02 PM
I know there isn't a 4.3 FWD thats the point but I figure if I gotta go through all the trouble for the north star might as well make it worth it

get rich or go for broke
Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:38 PM
the LS4 will tear up the 4t65hd behind it in nothing flat , the northstar has the pleasure of having a 4t80

Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:04 PM
why 4.3 its a big heavy cut down 350 thats more about torque & pulling that it is power-also as far as i know there arent any fwd trans that will bolt to them.

you could always try 3.4 dohc LQ1 in the grand prix GTP's & z34's before 98-altho for some reason i find very little info about the GTP badged models with the 3.4, but theres on sitting in my garage right now.

almost no one has an lq1 j-body from what ive seen, so you would be one of the FEW and it would be fast as hell (that 3.4 smokes the crap outta the 4.3 & 3.8 in everything but torque, but its only a 10 ft/lbs below an NA 3.8 in that respect).
Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:11 PM
Jon Mick wrote:why 4.3 its a big heavy cut down 350 thats more about torque & pulling that it is power-also as far as i know there arent any fwd trans that will bolt to them.

you could always try 3.4 dohc LQ1 in the grand prix GTP's & z34's before 98-altho for some reason i find very little info about the GTP badged models with the 3.4, but theres on sitting in my garage right now.

almost no one has an lq1 j-body from what ive seen, so you would be one of the FEW and it would be fast as hell (that 3.4 smokes the crap outta the 4.3 & 3.8 in everything but torque, but its only a 10 ft/lbs below an NA 3.8 in that respect).

or he could put in a under powered 3.1

Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:52 PM
Well Gee Jon mick the person with no room to talk about stupid bull swaps.
My thought on the 4.3 Wasn't for a Fwd Car I've done my research on my car and I have most parts
to do what I want to do which is a rwd Cavy not many out there I figured I would run the 4.3 because its smaller
then the 350 duh!!! still the same a 350 minus 2 whole pistons wow take you long to figure that out. Well anyway
I have the tubing, grinders, plasma cutter, and welder to do what I want the 4.3 will make an easier fit to my cavy
better the the north star motor I wanted to run Plus the 2000 4.3 vortec comes with 190 hp 250 tq outta the box I cant beat that with a stick against you 3.1

get rich or go for broke
Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:55 PM
Oh sorry just so you know that I am not revving the crap out of it

Horsepower:
190 hp @ 4400 rpm

Torque:
250 lb.-ft. @ 2800 rpm

get rich or go for broke

Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:56 PM
good luck on that, 4.3 swap sounds like a pointless nightmare.

sorry i tried to help, i remember in the future that you are just going to be another person to give me crap on here.
Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:59 PM
Jon Mick wrote:good luck on that, 4.3 swap sounds like a pointless nightmare.

Yeah, Kinda reminds me of that dumbass asking about a 3.1....

Saturday, August 01, 2009 6:12 PM
My swap maybe a nightmare maybe even on elms street to but it's not pointless.
Jon mick Where was your help section you said you tried to help by telling me to change what I wanted to do
same thing other people told you and you got mad. boo woo maybe you should try stuffing a V12 in your cavy instead of
putting a 3.1 in there or maybe you could even take a 3.1 turbo from the late 80's grand prix cars and stuff it up your arse
thank you for your time

get rich or go for broke
Saturday, August 01, 2009 6:13 PM
By the way what degree motor would my 4.3 be I'm stupid please help maybe you could tell me the degree on the
V12 or even the North star motor

get rich or go for broke
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search