cam mix up... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam mix up...
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:09 AM
what do you guys think about mixin it up a little bit? 95 intake cam with a HO exhaust cam and housing with the MP45 blower on my LD9? just wanna get some opinions, nothings in writing yet....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Re: cam mix up...
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:25 AM
It has been done before...I say go for it. With forced induction its always a good idea to get the exhaust out quicker.

Friday, March 27, 2009 10:47 AM
well its been theorized speed racer z's setup (ld2 intake and ho exhaust cams) didnt produce as much torque as say spyhunter's or brandon fetter's engines because of the cam differences (fetter has ho's and spyhunter was running secret cams). but thats just what ive heard on the subject.

with the 95 intake cam its actually smaller than the ld2 cam so IMO would make things even worse.

worth a try to see though i guess...

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Friday, March 27, 2009 11:09 AM
I had planned to run the secret intake and ho exhaust cam. Brad how did you hear it was the cam differences in power?

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:23 AM
z yaaaa wrote:well its been theorized speed racer z's setup (ld2 intake and ho exhaust cams) didnt produce as much torque as say spyhunter's or brandon fetter's engines because of the cam differences (fetter has ho's and spyhunter was running secret cams). but thats just what ive heard on the subject.

with the 95 intake cam its actually smaller than the ld2 cam so IMO would make things even worse.

worth a try to see though i guess...

In a turbocharged application I agree with that. I was reading on a couple different forums where it can actually be beneficial to have a bigger intake cam for a turbocharged setup. Thats because turboing is based off exhuast and that affects the spooling and whatnot. Superchargers react totally different in respect to camshafts. Imo its the same intake cam as the secret cams with a better flowing exhaust cam would be beneficial to a supercharger.

Friday, March 27, 2009 12:08 PM
thats what i was thinking.... get the exhaust out as fast as possible. your already forcing air into the engine, its not like its being naturally aspirated. you got the rush of air into it, get it out faster and theoretically it should make power faster....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:28 PM
mike- like i put in bold... it was something i heard on here before.. and even then it was only theorized. it was never proven nor unanimously thought of as the direct reason his setup didnt produce the kind of torque others were putting down.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:43 PM
z yaaaa wrote:mike- like i put in bold... it was something i heard on here before.. and even then it was only theorized. it was never proven nor unanimously thought of as the direct reason his setup didnt produce the kind of torque others were putting down.

I have to say that in those turbo engines I also theorize the same thing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search