Oil pressure gauge install - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil pressure gauge install
Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:37 AM
got a minor question, I've searched and haven't found the answer to it.

on the Driver side of the head are 2 plugs... I want to hook up my Oil Pressure gauge and need to know the size of the threads for the fitting to run the oil line.

Re: Oil pressure gauge install
Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:45 AM
This is the gauge I'm using, I'll stick with the Plastic line that comes with it.
other things to note:
The motor has the Stage II Hahn turbo kit with the oil line for the snail running from that point... basically need to fit a T-pipe there to run the pressure line to the gauge.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:47 AM

Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:57 AM
take the plug out and down to your local hardware store and have them match the threads.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:33 PM
z yaaaa wrote:take the plug out and down to your local hardware store and have them match the threads.

having only this car as my DD, how do you propose i get to the parts store once said plug is removed.... someone on here has got to know the size of that plug... I cant be the only one who has used that to route oil to other accessories.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:42 PM
Or you could go to a junkyard.. pull that part from a junker then have it to compare to if nothing else works.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:05 PM
now that is do-able... just gonna have to wait until tomorrow tho, all the salvage yards here are closed on sundays.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:42 PM
You really shouldn't put a mech oil pressure gauge in your car. The lines like to go out and BAM you have 40-80 psi of OIL in your car until you turn it off. I would go with a electric gauge, more money but worth it. The size of the fitting is more than likly gonna be a 1/8npt.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:52 PM
Autometer - 2278 is the adaptor i used to screw my electric sender into the side of the head on my eco.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 6:00 PM
Here you go:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4918&idcategory=0

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:36 PM
I hooked up my oil pressure gauge to where you were talking about above. I got inaccurate readings. There are 3 plugs on the back of the block under the exhaust manifold. I used the plug closest to the water pump and the pressure reads accurate now.

Monday, March 16, 2009 5:27 AM
Japopeye wrote:I hooked up my oil pressure gauge to where you were talking about above. I got inaccurate readings. There are 3 plugs on the back of the block under the exhaust manifold. I used the plug closest to the water pump and the pressure reads accurate now.

Any of the 3 on the back or the 3 on the front will work and allow for accurate readings, they are ALL interlinked in the same rail within the engine.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, March 16, 2009 12:23 PM
Thanx for the info guys, install should be done by the afternoon, pics to follow.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:04 PM
dont promise what you cant deliver....PICTURES!!!! of course by now, you've probably upgraded to electric..right? got pics of this mechanical opg install? hell...still got this CAR? lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search