Guage install on 2.2 Ecotec engine - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Guage install on 2.2 Ecotec engine
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:22 PM
I just picked up 3 autometer guages (volt, air/fuel, and oil pressure) they're all electric guages. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to install the air/fuel and oil pressure.

I assume the air/fuel taps into the wire leading from the o2 sensor.
Where does the sending unit go for the oil pressure guage. I tried searching but only found threads for 2.4 and 2.2 non ecotec.

Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks

Re: Guage install on 2.2 Ecotec engine
Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:47 PM
Oil pressure
I just installed my sender in the same location today. I had to force the one bracket out of the way, but it wasnt a big deal.

The air/fuel, is it a wideband(useful) or a narrowband(useless light show)? If its at narrowband then just sell it and get a wideband. A wideband requires another O2 sensor to be installed in your exhaust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:48 PM

Trevor Mullins wrote:

kind of like a screwed up kids sing along

pete the anal monkey lived in my bum..............

best epiosode of barney ever lol

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:13 AM
It's narrowband. Seriously all it would be for is a useless light show. I never adjust my air/fuel mix. To be honest the only guage that I will actually use to its potential is the volt guage for my audio. The oil pressure guage will help me predict problems before they arise.

I'm not sure where you're talking about location wise for the sender for the oil pressure?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:57 AM
Did you click the link for the oil pressure gauge?

If you're not going to use the narrowband, then ditch it. There is no point to having a gauge if you're not going to use it. If you are dead set on filling your 3 gauge pillar pod, then get an Amp Temperature gauge or something else that would benefit you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:59 AM

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:15 AM
Something like that will be the plan for the future definitely. I got a really good deal on the guages and thats what the setup was. I will of course be replacing the air/fuel eventually but it's not doing any harm sitting there and doing its thing. I didn't see the link sorry dude. Its a great description. One person was saying they had problems with fitting the sender in there and used a steel braided line to locate the sensor elsewhere. What do you think of that? Any particular problems that I should be aware of when doing this?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:22 AM
Nope, my sender fits nicely in the same location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:28 AM

Trevor Mullins wrote:

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:23 AM
Perfect! Thanks for all of the help dude. It's really appreciated.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search