Installed ford/bosch 30 lb/hr injectors - MPG? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installed ford/bosch 30 lb/hr injectors - MPG?
Monday, January 05, 2009 10:08 AM
my mods are in my registry. my biggest question is, if the car is tuned and running properly, should I be loosing milage just by swapping the injectors? The 30lb/hr injectors have a single hole, while the stockers have four holes from which fuel is injected. I've read that this can affect mileage, but I seem to have lost a steady 2-3 mpg. Yes I am a stickler for fuel economy, so my calculations are correct. I pulled a steady 32-33mpg prior to the injector install, now i'm barely pulling 30mpg. The tank that I installed and tuned on actually netted 27mpg.

Changes I've made with HPT - changed injector constant assuming stock 24lb/hr injectors to 30lb/hr injectors as per faq on HPT forum.
tuned low rpm and high rpm VE tables as per faq in this forum. Its running less than 5% LTFTs, and I'm running 13.4:1 AFR under PE, with the PE delay set to 2600 RPM. The commanded AFR drops during WOT pulls, but there is nothing I can do about that as all the multipliers are set to 1. I'm getting the commanded AFR though as the wideband reads. I've added a degree of timing to the low rpm, low MAP portions of the non-PE spark tables, and pulled a degree from the 6400rpm high MAP PE spark tables. It pulls hard to 7000 RPM. Maximum observed duty cycle is ~70% at WOT at 7k RPM.

I don't know if I'm just on the throttle more because of testing and what not, or if the milage has really dropped that much. Do you think it could be the injectors? Do they have a break in time? I'm pretty sure there are no leaks, and if I cannot resolve the milage issue, I'll probably invest in an adjustable pressure regulator and bump the pressure a couple pounds to see if that helps economy.

Thanks for reading

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search