Ecotec header question... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec header question...
Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:16 AM
Im sure this has been asked before, and a search gave me far too many pages to go through, so here goes...

I have a 2004 Cavi, eco obviously. I have been eyeballing the DC Sports 4-1 header for a long time, but $400 is pretty steep. I saw several headers on ebay that looked identical, right down to the 3 point flange that attaches to the flex joint, but they were listed for Cobalts, saturns, etc. Will that header fit my cavi? Im talking direct fit, no modifications. They were around 1/2 the price of the DC, so if theyd fit Id be a happy boy.

Thanks for any info.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Re: Ecotec header question...
Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:57 AM
Hey Ronin

I hade really good luck w the PaceSetter 4-1 Ceramic coated, its still in good shape after 2 years, I think i bought it for $170. For racing purpose i got a custom one made that cost me $1200 parts and labor. Anyway anything you get will be better that factory, just dont get anything thats painted.

Let me know how it goes
-Ben
Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:49 PM
I'd suggest going with the pacesetter, with the ceramic coating. The DC is a nice header but not worth the pricetag. In all honesty you won't see a performance difference between the two, regardless of their claims. The pacesetter gets great reviews around here, just spring for the ceramic coated option - it's definitely worth it!

Good luck!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:19 PM
Yep go with pacesetter Thats what most of us use. Both headers are the same your just paying more for the name with the dc header

Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:54 PM
I'd say Pacesetter too, but what I think he's wanting is a header that will bolt directly onto the 3 bolt flange from factory so no cutting or anything just direct swap.

I'm not 100% but I think they would still work (If they are in fact the same style with the same flange, Ebay pictures vary so its your own risk). I mean the GMPP extruded and honed exhaust manifold is bolt on for Cavaliers, Cobalts, etc. So they should be too, yes?

Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:57 PM
Zenith wrote:I'd say Pacesetter too, but what I think he's wanting is a header that will bolt directly onto the 3 bolt flange from factory so no cutting or anything just direct swap.

I'm not 100% but I think they would still work (If they are in fact the same style with the same flange, Ebay pictures vary so its your own risk). I mean the GMPP extruded and honed exhaust manifold is bolt on for Cavaliers, Cobalts, etc. So they should be too, yes?

yeah thats exactly it. Im looking at the ones I can install in the driveway. I know many use the pacesetter, but at this point Im trying to avoid having to pay someone to weld it in, the DC and its clones just bolt in place of the iron manifold.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:54 AM
or buy my header
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=86476&t=86476

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:39 PM
I am also looking for a performance header, but i have read alot of reviews, on other sites, that totally trash the pacesetter. DC is the best around, no debate there. and it's like everything else, You get wat you pay for. I've paid more for alot of parts for my car, just becuase of the name, but I have never been dissapointed.

I'd say do wat i'm doin, save up longer and get the DC headers. I had DC headers on my 94 prelude sr-v and it's got a 100 shot on it, never had problems. i sold it with about 30 000 on the header, and i have had no complaints from the friend who bought the vechile off me.

It's not always about the name, but when it comes to parts that are going to take a beating, its always a safe bet to go with reputation rather than prices

Just my opinion...
Monday, December 15, 2008 2:36 PM
dc is not the best around. maybe the best "bolt in" option but even that's debatable. (stan's comes to mind which is bolt in with a high flow cat)

i'll take my ceramic coated pacesetter and the money i saved over the dc unit any day. plenty of people run them on this site with 0 problems.

Monday, December 15, 2008 3:23 PM
agree

x2

pacesetter over dc sport anyday at least for a j

Monday, December 15, 2008 9:00 PM
Pacesetter here and happy with it. Only thing I wish I had known is the LSJ header has larger primaries and a bigger collector I could have used for my setup. For the price, it's a nice piece just go ceramic coated, after a couple years mine still looks good...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that DC sports is owned by AEM. That speaks for itself as far as quality goes. They wouldn't charge twice the price without a quiality difference

So can we at least all agree that DC is a better quality product than Pacesetter?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:40 AM
Quit buying into the whole brand name thing. Yes anything made by AEM will be a nice but overpriced product. You can absolutely go with DC if you want, but like I said the ceramic coated Pacesetter is a really nice header for our cars, and half the price. Put the rest of the money somewhere else and you'll be happier. Trust!

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search