good mod for a little under $300 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good mod for a little under $300
Monday, December 08, 2008 6:50 PM
i have a 1998 2200 2.2l ohv
would it be a good mod to buy
msd blaster coil pack
nology hot wires
and decent spark plugs

would this be a good ignition mod?

Re: good mod for a little under $300
Monday, December 08, 2008 6:55 PM
jimmy roberts wrote:good mod for a little under $300

Megasquirt or MS-II

I have no signiture
Monday, December 08, 2008 7:34 PM
jimmy roberts wrote:i have a 1998 2200 2.2l ohv
would it be a good mod to buy
msd blaster coil pack
nology hot wires
and decent spark plugs

would this be a good ignition mod?

save it for something else. nothing listed will make any noticeable difference in how the car runs, or performs.

Monday, December 08, 2008 9:32 PM
Add a MSD Superconductor wires & a DIS-2 amplifier with the coils... with the plugs gapped to stock specs... and you will notice an increase of fuel mileage. I did that on my '88 Ramcharger (Think: Dodge builds a Bronco, and it handles better than anything else like it!) and I saw a 20% increase in the economy loop!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:32 AM
Nickelin Dimer wrote:Add a MSD Superconductor wires & a DIS-2 amplifier with the coils... with the plugs gapped to stock specs... and you will notice an increase of fuel mileage. I did that on my '88 Ramcharger (Think: Dodge builds a Bronco, and it handles better than anything else like it!) and I saw a 20% increase in the economy loop!

My guess is the Cavalier a smidge bit more optimized for fuel economy than a 1988 Ramcharger.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:18 AM
better off with an intake or custom exhaust, ignition is close to dead last in performance modifications.

-Chris

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:57 PM
looking at the question, and your car profile, i say this whole thing is a waste

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:57 PM
BlackEco wrote:
Nickelin Dimer wrote:Add a MSD Superconductor wires & a DIS-2 amplifier with the coils... with the plugs gapped to stock specs... and you will notice an increase of fuel mileage. I did that on my '88 Ramcharger (Think: Dodge builds a Bronco, and it handles better than anything else like it!) and I saw a 20% increase in the economy loop!

My guess is the Cavalier a smidge bit more optimized for fuel economy than a 1988 Ramcharger.

Well, it did only have TBI & a 3-spd locking-convertor auto trans. And it was equipt with a solid-axle, part-time 4WD system. And everything else was stock, including the 120a alternator I wired the box's unswitched positive lead to the BAT terminal of, except for the Champion Truck Plugs I installed for durability sake. So...

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:49 PM
Do a cat back with it. At least you can use it later with boost

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search