Camshaft - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camshaft
Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:40 PM
I have a 94' Cavalier with the 2.2 OHV engine. I have been racing this on round track. The cam rule was no roller cams. I am allowed to have one this year. I took my block and had the bridges across the lifter valley cut to hold the roller lifters. I believe this will work fine. But my question is if anybody knows anything that I might have missed in doing this. Thanks in advance for all answers.

Re: Camshaft
Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:21 AM
If it's the factory engine, you'd have everything already!

Why? '90-on was a roller engine, standard.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:58 AM
The haynes manual explained that it was 94-on models that came stock with rollers. I guess it had been changed before or made in 93'...
Thursday, December 11, 2008 1:28 PM
Roller cam started in '94.

There are two different design roller lifter guides. Make sure the guides you get match the block machine work.

Early factory roller cams, til maybe 96, are made of a hollow tube with lobes pressed on. If you're using a factory cam core and you have an option, you're probably getting a little insurance by choosing the solid core cam.

Good luck. It's neat to see updates from time to time.

-->Slow
Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:35 PM
slowolej wrote:
Early factory roller cams, til maybe 96, are made of a hollow tube with lobes pressed on.

my 96 was like that. the rebuild kit i bought however came with a solid cam, from i think crane? its whoever works with federal mogul.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search