thoes who welded the tsudo header... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thoes who welded the tsudo header...
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:10 AM
did you have to move the engin aroud to get it back in, what had to be done?

im gonna have the 4-2 section welded but they cant get to it unless i take it off. so whats the best way to put it back in

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Re: thoes who welded the tsudo header...
Sunday, February 08, 2009 6:31 PM
it would be alot more work to move the engine than it would be too just remove the header
Re: thoes who welded the tsudo header...
Monday, February 09, 2009 6:19 AM
i have put it in with the 4-2 piece bolted together just to see if it would fit and it does, i just took the upper mount off and disconnected one side of the lower mount, had the car on a lift, and put a jack under the engine. left the tranny mounts un-touched and lowered the left side of the engine down. Had to bend the metal on the top part of the fire wall that sticks out horizontally where the rubber strip goes on ;and cut a bolt on the firewall down as well, ( i believe its the one the ecu attaches to but am not sure) . then it will slide in you will just have to try it to see where it is hitting and bend the metal there. the bolt is plenty long so cutting it down doesn not hurt anything. it will fit though i did it.

so overall:

1.remove upper and lower mount
2. lower engine on left side
3. try to put header in see where it hits, lower engine more/bend metal (by hand with pliers very easy)
4. cut some of the bolt off there it hits until you can slip it in there
5. bend metal back it wont be perfect but who cares?
6. bolt it up

note do not have the final flex piece welded on it wont go
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search