Dumb question about header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dumb question about header
Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:51 AM
I bought a Pacesetter header for my Cavi, the "instructions" that came with it were not exactly extensive, so I have a dumb dumb question...

The header-to-cat. converter exhaust pipe came in two sections, which slide together at the joint (the end of the first section slides into the second section). Do I need to weld the two sections together where they slide together, or is this meant to be left unwelded?

Anyone with Pacesetter (or any other header that has this kind of design) experience, thanks in advance.

Re: Dumb question about header
Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:07 AM
weld or at least clamp

Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:03 AM
i didnt weld mine, and i have no leaks or anything..been on for over a year,,,the bolts hold it tight enough i guess...if ur talkin about the same thing i am..not sure if this helkps
Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:00 PM
mine just clamped and it has no leak what so ever... love the ceramic coating

Friday, December 05, 2008 2:41 AM
@!#$ no you don't weld the ball-coupler together. That is where this header gets its flex from.

Friday, December 05, 2008 6:50 AM
Sorry, no, obviously do not weld the ball coupler. This is back from the ball coupler. The first section of pipe runs from the ball coupler to a slide-together joint, where that first section of pipe slides into the second section of pipe. The second section of pipe then runs from the joint to (on a street car) the catalytic converter (mine is a dirt track car, so there is no cat, that is where my muffler is instead).

That joint between the first and second sections of pipe is what I was asking about. They slide together, and I was asking if they should be welded or just clamped.
Friday, December 05, 2008 3:30 PM
yes the section that the cat would be welded or clamped too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search