Lets build something together - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lets build something together
Thursday, December 04, 2008 5:00 AM
Ok here it goes, first of all i dont know if this is the right forums or not but if this needs to be moved just send it somewhere other than the trash. I have bought up a couple more third gen cav's. Last year we built a 3rd gen and took a little time on it but the guy who owned it put a ln2 in it because that is all he had. long sotry short the car was fast and kept up with the hondas that dominate the division just had a little trouble with lack of power. So i am now eligable to race that division seems i took most of last year off. I can build a fast chassis for this near stock division and do a lot of stuff that most backyard racers dont do to theirs. only problem is i dont have the drivetrain i would like (all i have is ln2) do you guys and girls think that as a j body community we could throw some parts we had lying around to put a drivetrain in this car? ill need a motor trans harness computer and the stuff to trick the theft system or make it work so it will run. looking for a dohc motor i dont care which 2.3 or 2.4 and a 5 speed trans, i can do all the work and pay for shipping but maybe just maybe we make this work, we could even do something like half of the winnings if this goes through would kick back to jbo as if the community sponsored the car. let me know what people think and if ya got any parts. as most of you know i am not just a loser trying to take all your stuff, it has to have a stock intake and such so i dont need any performance parts just stock stuff will do

Re: Lets build something together
Friday, December 05, 2008 12:47 AM
ROFL @ this post.

Friday, December 05, 2008 4:43 AM
Car-part.com

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, December 05, 2008 10:17 AM
I don't even post or visit here often and I know this is about to get ugly.

Friday, December 05, 2008 10:56 AM
LOL??!?!?!!?\

Ya.. I have all the drivetrain and everyhing.. all im missing is the chassis.. So if anyone could drop off that chassis to my house. Yeah that would be great.. Wait a minute.. BoB Guptill.. I fixed your problem Give me the chassis!!!

]:-> 287 TimeSlips In Hand. Car Still Runs Strong... 3 Differentials Later ]:->
Friday, December 05, 2008 11:22 AM
That is a shame you can only take stock parts because I have a fully built race motor sitting here in my garage I am about to haul off to the scrap yard.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Friday, December 05, 2008 1:43 PM
im not looking for a whole car or nothing anything to help withthe cost, heck if someone has a motor mount it would help, i dont normally do anything with the dohc engines but i have done a ton of r+d (blowing up of the ln2's) check some of my previous posts
Friday, December 05, 2008 9:43 PM
Hey, Bob.

It's too competitive here for an offer like this to be taken seriously by most members. There's too many people looking for a freebie or showing up with some new "secret" way to make power. Too bad people won't realize you spend more time and $$ on an engine in a season than most people here spend in 3-4 years. Maybe a few people will chime in anyway.

You're about 2 1/2 hrs from me. Didn't realize you were so close. Are you restricted to the Quad based engines, or can you go with an Ecotec? They're cheaper and available all over the place. What's class rules with regards to engine management? No reason to keep an OBDII pcm if you're running a 5 speed.

-->Slow
Saturday, December 06, 2008 7:32 AM
i love how people laugh, he never once asked for a whole car. just few parts that people are more than likely never going to sell and just throw out. i for one wish i had even half the talent this guy has to build a stock car. refer here and you tell me you can do this no problem and make it look as good as he has. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=373828&t=369062#373828

and bob. ill check to see what i have laying around, i doubt i have much stuff but ill check,

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:32 AM
Damn I ASSUMED it was some idiot on the forum I guess the ASSUME made an ass out of me Anyways..
-Ecotec Motormounts
-2.4 manifold
-Ecotec manifold
-getrag trans with 2.4 bellhousing. Needs some new parts but case is good.
-Spare Getrag Diff housing

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:46 AM
if you wanted to do ecotec stuff i would gladly kick in my spare block only issue is shipping since i'm in BC

watch for flying sparks!!!

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:53 AM
Hey Bob, Shoot me a message or an email. We happen to have a lot of stock Ecotec and LD9 parts at Atomic Fabrications and I'm sure Adam would part with some of his stuff cheap if you asked nicely. I know I'd part with my stock Eco stuff cheap.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:51 AM
id be willing to throw in a set of stock 2.4 cams and towers with lifters if you can find the rest of the engine. i think i have a 2.4 block that has a chunk of the backside broken off, no issues with anything, just doesnt have a hole for a bolt which doesnt effect the way it works whatsoever. if your willing to pay for the shipping etc...

You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:02 AM
Wish I had something worth contributing, I would.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:18 AM
I probably live too far away (ontario) but- i think i still have a 2.4 block kicking around, possibly with a head and everything still on it. It has the 2.3 oil pump swap but needs bearings at minimum, possibly more. dont remember if it has timing chain parts etc. and i may have a stock intake somewhere yet. Ya its all a little vague but it has been sitting in a storage container for almost 2 years (assuming its still there)

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:21 AM
Forgot- have stock trans mounts (isuzu) and engine mount. Also have a 2.4 isuzu trans with 2.2 gears int it but i would like to get a bit of $ for that, and starter as well.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:29 AM
Oh and for reference here's a short list of what we have....

1 Stock Ecotec Upper Mount
1 Stock Ecotec Lower Dogbone Mount
1 Stock Ecotec Head Disassembled
1 Stock Ecotec Head Assembled
2 Stock LD9 Heads Assembled
3 Stock LD9 Heads Bare
2 Transmission Mount Inserts minus Bushings

That's just a start of our collection LOL

Saturday, December 06, 2008 2:57 PM
i guess we need to figure out which would be better, the eco or the quad, sound slike eco parts are easier to come by. i just know the ln2 wont cut it in the car it will be going in. the car it is going in isnt the one in the stock car topic that is my pro4 mini this car will be more stock more of a cavalier but still with all my tricks. i was very offended when the first couple posters thought i was some jerk looking for free stuff to sell to others. i will be keeping a list fo what i think i need and what we can throw together
Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:01 PM
just for reference... it'd be easier to 'hide' go fast quad parts then it would eco parts.

You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:27 PM
looks like the eco is stronger though with almost teh same base hp. i could always do stuff to the motor if i have to but i gotta keep stock cams as teh class has a strict vacuum rule. probably go with the 2.2 eco so i guess ill start on the list i should only need the dash and engine harness thought seems there isnt anything else left in the car
Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:38 PM
so this is a list i have thrown together, the car we are tearing up is a 1996 2.2 ohv 5 speed so if anything will swap over let me know, this is for all the guys that are pressuring me to build a dohc with all their ln2 hate

2.2 eco motor
Sensors
2.2 eco trans
Shift cables
Shifter assembly (if not the same)
Engine wiring harness
Dash wiring harness
Gauge cluster
Tumbler
Pcm
Bcm
Motor mount brackets and mounts
Axles

Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:46 PM
I got the motor mounts!! I need them out of my garage!!! I have a cluster only problem is the cluster is mising the plastic cover
PM me ! Ill ship them out ASAP

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:21 PM
i think axles are the same

Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:40 PM
Brandon: I'll take the mounts if he doesn't want them. I could always use more parts for the stock pile LOL.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search